P0128 Code

mohead1

Reaction score
Is there something else i can do to keep the pia 0128 code to quit coming on? New thermostats (mishimoto) and new temp sender...still does it. Coolant is fine, gotta be something else.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Is there something else i can do to keep the pia 0128 code to quit coming on? New thermostats (mishimoto) and new temp sender...still does it. Coolant is fine, gotta be something else.

Are they the low temp mishimoto thermostats? If so then the code will keep coming back

Does the coolant temp reach operating temp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mohead1

Reaction score
Yep, ive replace the Ford ones once before, due to this code, but i went w the mishimoto low temp this time. ECT averages 170-180, of course its been cool out here so hard to say. Happens when accelerating from a stop most of the time. Very annoying. Went w the low temps due to spikes on the ECT on days when 90+ deg (F) out and on the highway

mohead1

Reaction score
Not sure i understand your question, on the interstate, running about 73-75mph im seeing 230-238deg when air temp at 90+. This is a F450, w 4.88 gearing, so 73-75mph is in the 2700 rpm range. It will touch 240 at times, and this is unloaded. So i worry when pulling a 15k trailer i may push the envelope on ECT

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Holy shit.

Do we possibly have a front cover erosion issue? Either under the tstat or behind the water pump. It can erode and cause low flow

mohead1

Reaction score
Replaced the front cover about 80k ago w the "improved"version...so prob not there again yet, no signs of water in the oil

webb06

Reaction score
Not sure i understand your question, on the interstate, running about 73-75mph im seeing 230-238deg when air temp at 90+. This is a F450, w 4.88 gearing, so 73-75mph is in the 2700 rpm range. It will touch 240 at times, and this is unloaded. So i worry when pulling a 15k trailer i may push the envelope on ECT

I’ve got a customer with a 450 that went with low temp mishimoto and he deals with the same issue. That code won’t go away with the low temp thermostats. That code is set when coolant doesn’t reach operating temp after a certain time period of driving.

May not set during the summer much.

You’re seeing those temps with the low temp thermostat?! Wow!

mohead1

Reaction score
No, those temps were w Ford thermostats, which failed twice. Rubber coming of the valve. So i tried these low temps to combat the issue

webb06

Reaction score
No, those temps were w Ford thermostats, which failed twice. Rubber coming of the valve. So i tried these low temps to combat the issue

twice? Within how many miles? Usually only oil or something will cause repeat failure unless you’ve got a lot of miles in between

Racer71

Reaction score
There was a software update for this issue. I had issue with stant thermostats years back on a customer truck went with motor crafts and still had issue. Un tuned the truck did ford update via ids and retuned and problem was resolved.

Latest posts

Members online