South Bend Dual Disk 6.4

washingtonredneck

Reaction score
Has anyone ran the south bend street dual disk? I'm looking at the 3250. Wondering if anybody's had any problems, how well it holds up, and how stiff the pedal is thanks!

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
I don't think mine is a 3250. I got it from Morgan with plans to hold 700hp and it holds 450 just fine right now. Pedal pressure is probably 1.5 times what it was beforehand. Mine does not slip well at all though. It bounces the truck around, especially in reverse. Backing a trailer up is very difficult. I question the install though. I let my father talk me into using one of his mechanics while I was home for Christmas and I was sketched out. My .02 hope it helps some

washingtonredneck

Reaction score
Yes it helps a lot I went ahead and ordered the 3250, will be installing some time this weekend. I have a buddy with a 24v dodge, nv5600 cermanic single disk. That pickup is a nightmere backing up trailers with. Hope yours holds up with the questionable install.

IHPuller450

Reaction score
I have a 3250 in mine. Pedal doesn't feel much different from stock. It will slip but they recommend keeping it under 2 seconds at a time. Just for reference at 65mph with the stock clutch if I went any more than 1/2 throttle it would break free, with the 3250 it will knock the back wheels loose under the same conditions. I've only trailered with it a couple times and nothing too heavy but it handled perfectly fine.

I was looking for a clutch that would hold my horsepower but still be comfortable on the street and comfortable hooked to our 30ft gooseneck and I couldn't be happier.

Dad and I did it in the garage, took 2 nights after work. If you have a trans jack it is pretty simple to drop the trans out.

washingtonredneck

Reaction score
I have a 3250 in mine. Pedal doesn't feel much different from stock. It will slip but they recommend keeping it under 2 seconds at a time. Just for reference at 65mph with the stock clutch if I went any more than 1/2 throttle it would break free, with the 3250 it will knock the back wheels loose under the same conditions. I've only trailered with it a couple times and nothing too heavy but it handled perfectly fine.

I was looking for a clutch that would hold my horsepower but still be comfortable on the street and comfortable hooked to our 30ft gooseneck and I couldn't be happier.

Dad and I did it in the garage, took 2 nights after work. If you have a trans jack it is pretty simple to drop the trans out.

I installed mine yesterday, it took me and 2 Buddy's about 5hrs start to finish drinking beer. The clutch is awesome so far! My pedal didn't seem to get any stiffer, and its real easy to drive. Now I just need to finish my 3-400 mile break in, and get my gearhead tunes ordered.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.