Stainless steel injector cups

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Riffraffs instructions should reference to that, I'm not sure

Instructions are the same for the brass cups, I'm guessing they use the same compound.

Last edited:

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Well, just another thing to install before the heads go back on lol
I’ll report back once I get them installed

tomlin

Reaction score
They look impressive. The fact they are stainless does concern me a bit. I have worked with quite a bit of stainless through the years. Stainless gets extremely brittle with heat. Brittle to the point where it gets very fine spider cracks. These may not do that, but that is my experience with repeated heating of stainless.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Honestly I thought the exact same thing.
However these are much stouter then the copper ones.
They should do fine.
I got the truck running but still a bunch of little stuff to finish up before I get it out on the road.

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
There are dozens of grades of stainless that are more than up to the task of the job they are doing. I'm sure clay at riffraff has done his research.

Rob

Reaction score
There are dozens of grades of stainless that are more than up to the task of the job they are doing. I'm sure clay at riffraff has done his research.

I doubt that Clay at RiffRaff had to do any research into the dozens of grades of stainless at all.

RiffRaff resells Alliant Power Products. Alliant offers the 63434 stainless steel injector cups for the International DT466, DT466e, DT530, HT530, and I530e.

All Clay had to do was add the Alliant part number to the RiffRaff website.

rescuejg

Reaction score
I doubt that Clay at RiffRaff had to do any research into the dozens of grades of stainless at all.

RiffRaff resells Alliant Power Products. Alliant offers the 63434 stainless steel injector cups for the International DT466, DT466e, DT530, HT530, and I530e.

All Clay had to do was add the Alliant part number to the RiffRaff website.

Funny, how very few people know this. This is the first time I have seen this in any forum. I had no clue and bought the cups from Riff Raff at what appears to be about a $50 premium over some other places.

Reaction score
Yet..,Clay states on Ford Truck Enthusiast forum, “ We are in the process of filing for a paten”. Oh OK!!

How about the grease fitting for greasing front wheel bearings?
Well… They are sealed. All you are doing is filling the housing with grease and that interferes with the ABS sensor.
Fuel crossover kit does nothing once air is purged from cylinder heads.

Always beware when somebody puts up religious stuff at place of business. This applies to brick and mortar stores or websites. It is a sign that the man is trying to build confidence. Now if you combine the two words…. What word is then formed??
It says it all.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I have never (as far as I remeber) bought anything from Clay@riffraff diesel. I say that to say this.

The Last three posts on this page show a complete lack of knowledge/understanding on the subject at hand. That would mean your ignorant of the truth and that comes through on the ignorance shown in the comments. (Being called ignorant does not mean your being called stupid, it's just saying you do not have the knowledge of the subject you are talking about) Did it ever cross your minds that maybe, per chance, the stainless injector cups offered by Clay, are not the same as the ones offered by IH? The ones Clay has are machined billet cups. The ones IH has are not. They are formed just like the common brass cups. So yes. They are patten pending. Just call and ask Clay, it's that simple. It sure is better for all that read this forms looking for information to help them with their purchases. This is how false Information starts.

Now on to the adaptor for the ABS hole riffraff sells. It's not needed. But, it does make it simple to grease the wheel hub bearings. But the same thing can be done cheaper (sorry Clay) just by using a rubber ended universal fitting for a grease gun. So you can see that claiming you can not grease the main wheel bearings through the ABS sensor hole is not true. It's a very real and true thing. A simple search with Google or a call to Clay would clear that up. But it seems some would rather be ignorant of the subject at hand.

As for the fuel crossover line. Is that all you think it is? Did you even take the time to see what it was designed for? It's made to be a simple way of doing regulated return. Diesel has air in it. Unless you have a system that removes air, diesel that is pumped contains air. Now whether it's to much or not is debatable. My system is a 4 corner feed. But I have a system that removes the air from the fuel.

Just by the post above I would tend to think someone has a problem with Clay. Well that's between yall. It's not my problem. The problem I have is the misinformation being thrown around to try and discredit somebody else. This in turn actually discredits those who make the false claims and comments.

What religious stuff does Clay have up? Your reasoning as to why folks do it is simple your reasoning. A simple matter of opinion.

I am ignorant about one thing that was said. What two words are you putting together?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have never (as far as I remeber) bought anything from Clay@riffraff diesel. I say that to say this.

The Last three posts on this page show a complete lack of knowledge/understanding on the subject at hand. That would mean your ignorant of the truth and that comes through on the ignorance shown in the comments. (Being called ignorant does not mean your being called stupid, it's just saying you do not have the knowledge of the subject you are talking about) Did it ever cross your minds that maybe, per chance, the stainless injector cups offered by Clay, are not the same as the ones offered by IH? The ones Clay has are machined billet cups. The ones IH has are not. They are formed just like the common brass cups. So yes. They are patten pending. Just call and ask Clay, it's that simple. It sure is better for all that read this forms looking for information to help them with their purchases. This is how false Information starts.

Now on to the adaptor for the ABS hole riffraff sells. It's not needed. But, it does make it simple to grease the wheel hub bearings. But the same thing can be done cheaper (sorry Clay) just by using a rubber ended universal fitting for a grease gun. So you can see that claiming you can not grease the main wheel bearings through the ABS sensor hole is not true. It's a very real and true thing. A simple search with Google or a call to Clay would clear that up. But it seems some would rather be ignorant of the subject at hand.

As for the fuel crossover line. Is that all you think it is? Did you even take the time to see what it was designed for? It's made to be a simple way of doing regulated return. Diesel has air in it. Unless you have a system that removes air, diesel that is pumped contains air. Now whether it's to much or not is debatable. My system is a 4 corner feed. But I have a system that removes the air from the fuel.

Just by the post above I would tend to think someone has a problem with Clay. Well that's between yall. It's not my problem. The problem I have is the misinformation being thrown around to try and discredit somebody else. This in turn actually discredits those who make the false claims and comments.

What religious stuff does Clay have up? Your reasoning as to why folks do it is simple your reasoning. A simple matter of opinion.

I am ignorant about one thing that was said. What two words are you putting together?
Very well said.. i have delt with clay and have bought a lot of products from riffraff over the last 16yrs. Nothing bad to say about them at all.

hucorey

Reaction score
Absolute hard pass on stainless cups for a 7.3 if you don't have the proper tools to roll them in. We've been building and machining diesel engines from little Lombardini's to the big off- road CAT's.

Ignorance is bliss when people think it's a good idea because one shop says so, even though said shop has never machined a single engine in their entire existence.

If you know a thing or two about injector cups, you will find all the better quality stainless cups are "drawn", not machined. We've been through this with direct OE manufacturers who make the cups for Cummins, Navistar, Iveco, Caterpillar, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here Here!! ( most people these days do not know the meaning of that saying. Look it up.)

They are flirting with leaks, cooked Orings, shorter injector life.

Too many have drank that cool aide for too long to convince them about anything about anything that comes out of that joint, Corey. They just say, I have a grudge and they will say, oh he just says that because he is their competition.
I handled the whole first gen 6.7 issue.
You can handle this one.
Nice to hear from you my brother👍

tomlin

Reaction score
Regen shakes? 10's? I think you may need to move the decimal point to the right.....a bunch. The has been a lot of research on this issue and Nick pioneered a bunch of it. Glow plugs separating and falling into the cylinder, valves sticking in the head due to guide clearance issues, 'Jackhammer' is the more appropriate term. Don't know Nick from Adam but I have followed his comments on different forums and he is dead on right. Hucorey, I am with you on the stainless cups. Hard pass.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Regen shakes? 10's? I think you may need to move the decimal point to the right.....a bunch. The has been a lot of research on this issue and Nick pioneered a bunch of it. Glow plugs separating and falling into the cylinder, valves sticking in the head due to guide clearance issues, 'Jackhammer' is the more appropriate term. Don't know Nick from Adam but I have followed his comments on different forums and he is dead on right. Hucorey, I am with you on the stainless cups. Hard pass.
That could make for an interesting read. Where do I need to look to find this information?

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Never a bad experience from Clay or his parts here.
I’ll let y’all know when my “no good” cups fly through my hood.
Also, keep the religious opinions to yourself or put that shit in the right section.
We’re talking trucks, not bashing people, companies or their beliefs.
Technical input however is greatly appreciated.

‘96 7.3- Precision Turbo 76mm, Carrillos, Colt stg2, BAMF

‘16 CCLB 350 6.7- Tyrant 230, Low-temp therm, Bilstein 5100s

'22 CCLB 350 Platinum- Star white, Snow stg 3, Lo-temp therm, fox 2.0s/dual stabilizer, air bags, S&B, 22s/37s

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online