Stock bottom end life with big vgt turbo

LaughingSavage

Reaction score
So i finally pulled the trigger on a Midwest diesel &auto 6868 VGT turbo (only turbo they had in stock) with a RCD 10mm stroker pump as well as supporting mods. I plan to push around 650whp. Anyone have experience with longevity from the engine and trans at that power (assuming decent tuning) i enjoy beating on the truck quite a bit with a heavy foot would it be safe to assume i can get around 2 years out of it before it kicks a rod? I'm welding the crank gear up just in case but a new short block isnt in the budget quite yet. Tyra*t is who im going through atm as i have free revisions with them.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So i finally pulled the trigger on a Midwest diesel &auto 6868 VGT turbo (only turbo they had in stock) with a RCD 10mm stroker pump as well as supporting mods. I plan to push around 650whp. Anyone have experience with longevity from the engine and trans at that power (assuming decent tuning) i enjoy beating on the truck quite a bit with a heavy foot would it be safe to assume i can get around 2 years out of it before it kicks a rod? I'm welding the crank gear up just in case but a new short block isnt in the budget quite yet. Tyra*t is who im going through atm as i have free revisions with them.

Year? I've seen a stock bottom end 15 blow its guts out with a simple 364.5 and stock fuel.

sootie

Reaction score
Get better tuning and your engine will last longer. Yes, it can live at that level depending on year model.

LaughingSavage

Reaction score
This is a 2015. Who would you recommend for tuning?. From what i understand tuning is critical. decent tuning will make it scatter in a handful of pulls but good tuning will keep it alive for close to 100 passes at the strip yes?

hlejeune6.7

Reaction score
I bought a fleece 63mm turbo and an Exergy 10mm stroker for my 2011 and I’ll probably draw the line at 600-625. Anything past that is really borrowed time for a connecting rod and especially a trans on those 15+ trucks from what I hear. I also don’t run my truck too hard but every so often.

I am also using Ti-rant for my revisions and am looking for feedback on them from anyone who has used their revisions for a bigger vgt and hpfp swap.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.