Swamps Turbos

Wemoy1

Reaction score
I was on Swamps this evening and saw thye have compund kits for the 6.4s. Has anyone put these on there trucks and had any results good or bad?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
tell you in a few weeks.

my truck should be going back together week after next, with a set of crossbow's as part of it.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
truck is at empire now.

no limit intake, cold side, springs, pushrods, lifters, stg 1 cam, machined/coated pistons, studs/gaskets, he's machining the posts out of the intake RCD style, no fuel, gearhead tuning.

nothing exciting but maybe the cam.

should be reasonably, though not directly, comparable to a stock truck.

after talking with chad at empire, we cam to a agreement, that i would only probably be giving up 20-30 hp tops going with teh crossbow's over say tow powers, and not much of a difference of egt's between the two as well, though teh tow powers would probably be a little cooler as well.

but, at almost half the money, to me it was a no brainer. i DD the truck, and tow with it all the time. and couldn't justify the extra $1200+ for not much gain, when you sit back and actually compare the two.

i'm along ways from the level, and dont plan on using the truck in a manner, where $1200+ is worth 30 hp.

i think i made a reasonable comparison, and educated decision, on choosing the right set of turbo's for my truck.

would i like the new tow plus, or a set of tow x's, yeah.

but for my needs, can't justify the money.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
ok Keep us posted I cant justify the extra 1200 either all I plan to do with my truck is go to the track and drive it on a nice weekend. I dont haul much and have a tdi for DD.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
track use, i could justify the extra money.

i went with swamps because i dont use it at the track.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Installed them in my buddies truck about 9 months ago. Id give them a 6.5-7 out of 10. They were decent. I also installed 30% nozzles from swamps, downpipe, crossbows, with sh!tty spartan tuning.

Truck dynoed 604/1150 on the 310 tune.

Dynoed 3 months later, 601/1085 on the 250 tune.

Truck runs a 12.5 at 107, 1.68 60'. CONSISTANT ALL DAY!

2008 ECSB F-350, 20x10s with nitto 420s.

Truck now idles blue smoke. Believe the turbos are on thier way out. Turbos probably have around 120 passes on them, towed a 24ft enclosed with the race car in it for maybe 5000 miles. Total mileage on turbos, approximately 20k.

Switching to a single. Buying everything off a certain someones truck that everyone knows.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Installed them in my buddies truck about 9 months ago. Id give them a 6.5-7 out of 10. They were decent. I also installed 30% nozzles from swamps, downpipe, crossbows, with sh!tty spartan tuning.

Truck now idles blue smoke. Believe the turbos are on thier way out. Turbos probably have around 120 passes on them, towed a 24ft enclosed with the race car in it for maybe 5000 miles. Total mileage on turbos, approximately 20k.

Switching to a single. Buying everything off a certain someones truck that everyone knows.

Was it dynoed at Swamps? I belive they have a Dyno Dynamics Dynometer so that is why I ask. All this means is that the numbers would be down about 15% compared to what people are use to seeing for numbers on a dyno because of its technology. The Dyno Dynamics is 15% lower than a dynojet.

isootmypants

Reaction score
No, first dyno was a land and sea dynomite. Very very accurate, since the second dyno was the same guy who dynoed craig down at cecil.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Do you by chance know the correction factor of these dynos to a dynojet? Just curious.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Was it dynoed at Swamps? I belive they have a Dyno Dynamics Dynometer so that is why I ask. All this means is that the numbers would be down about 15% compared to what people are use to seeing for numbers on a dyno because of its technology. The Dyno Dynamics is 15% lower than a dynojet.

The only dyno Swamps has is an engine dyno. I have had a set of turbos sitting in the garage for a couple months. Haven't had the chance to put them on. I'm a little scared to do it without studs so I'm waiting to get studs. I got a billet 71 and a 59 with a 64 wheel. I'm looking forward to getting them on the truck.

sent from the sea

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
The only dyno Swamps has is an engine dyno. I have had a set of turbos sitting in the garage for a couple months. Haven't had the chance to put them on. I'm a little scared to do it without studs so I'm waiting to get studs. I got a billet 71 and a 59 with a 64 wheel. I'm looking forward to getting them on the truck.

sent from the sea

Ok. I have not done any work with Swamps as far a dyno, so I was not sure what they had. Thanks for info.

As far as the turbos go, studs would be a good idea, but...LOL

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score

sent from the sea

Hurry up already!

sent while doing burnouts somewhere in the country

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
with sh!tty spartan tuning.

I'm curious about the above statement.

Did you ever monitor rail pressure? 30% nozzles with no HPFP upgrade is asking a lot with a tune commanding 2.3ms....I'm assuming the rail pressure was way low with the 310 tune and pretty good with the 250 tune.

Last edited:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Let me guess, the tuning was ****ty because the truck didnt maintain rail pressure without an upgraded pump.. thats definitely spartans fault

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I'm curious about the above statement.

Did you ever monitor rail pressure? 30% nozzles with no HPFP upgrade is asking a lot with a tune commanding 2.3ms....I'm assuming the rail pressure was way low with the 310 tune and pretty good with the 250 tune.

My truck held 16,500 with a 30% pump and 30% nozzles on the 310 @ WOT, hes probably just mad because he didnt do his homework before setting it up

pog

Reaction score
look at these fools stick up for sh!tty spartan tuning!

Latest posts

Members online