Transmission high temp

Goober

Reaction score
Freshly tuned 6.4 on a diet, SCT x4, light tow tune, egr still on. Has UD tunes, drove for a week or so light footed work n back. Went to head to work had engine light, pulled codes.. total of 4, p0607 I knew, cylinder 7 out of balance, trans temp excessive, one more but forget to record it. Cleared codes continued on my day..
Searching endlessly for ideas on where to start. I read a while back the tcm learning procedure but can’t find. If it’s needed ? Got a replacement tcm ordered, doing egr next day off. Could anyone help point me in the proper direction.

Goober

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t know exactly. Trying to figure that out.. learning the new tuner

Goober

Reaction score
Tried to add Trans temp to gauges through x4.. not an option. Was checking through Vehicle info… under tcu swpn it’s showing a different tcm 7u7a- than what’s installed in truck. I have the 7c3a.. I’m confused now

webb06

Reaction score
Tried to add Trans temp to gauges through x4.. not an option. Was checking through Vehicle info… under tcu swpn it’s showing a different tcm 7u7a- than what’s installed in truck. I have the 7c3a.. I’m confused now

You sure it’s not just a faulty trans temp sensor? Replaced many in the 5r platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strokemelongtime

Reaction score
I was getting high trans temp while pulling my toy hauler, flushed the fluid and added the mishimoto trans fluid radiator and haven't had problems since

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Ignore that stuff in the Vehicle Info. If your truck is running and driving then more than likely the TCM is fine. A lot of tuners will actually change those part numbers when you flash the modules.

You should definitely have a Transmission Temp parameter in the SCT so try to find that and see what it is actually reading.

I'd be more worried about the cylinder 7 contribution code for sure...

Latest posts

Members online