Tuning Issues

Reaction score
So my build is almost complete, minus 1 huge problem. I cannot find anyone to write a proper tune for it. Right now, I know this thing wants more fuel, and I'm getting ready to put 30% nozzles in it to try to help it. But will it be safe on a tune that was written for a stock engine? The current tune is from No Limit (before they stopped tuning) extreme tow tune. Obviously, I should give you the run down on it, here it goes
studded longblock with coated, de-lipped MaxxForce pistons
Comp Cams billet stage 2 cam with valvetrain
O-ringed heads
Odawg S3R intake manifold
AFE Bladerunner turbos
No Limit Cold side pipe and elbow
CSF intercooler
Sinister EPA can f*ck yourself kit
Airdogg 165 lift pump
AFE Magnum 2 CAI
4" downpipe 1/2 way back to 5"

I have done everything I can to let this thing breath. But now it needs fuel. PLEASE HELP ME

ncollins64

Reaction score
First I can help get your truck fine tuned and there’s plenty of guys on here to vouch for me. That being said, if you are not running a fuel fueler you will lose rail pressure with 30% nozzles

Reaction score
I guess i should have mentioned this earlier but, this is not an All Out drag or performance truck. this is actually just my tow rig and daily driver. So yes i would love for it to be very fun to drive and play with mustangs on the highway. But when need be, i can hitch up to my 34,000lb trailer and walk up the mountain holding 70mph.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Anything bigger than stock nozzles and you will need dual k16 pumps even on a mild tune. I’m sure others will chime in and fully agree. You could do tuning first and see how you like it before you screw the the injectors and dual pumps. A properly tuned 6.4 will be well north of 600hp as well

Racer71

Reaction score
I’m in same boat, have 30 overs and a fresh pump with a big fass. No one thus far has wanted to mess with my combo. Rcd 74 low press charger stock high press with billet wheel rcd cam full valvetrain billet connecting rods etc. I’m on the diet tune that was on truck when I bought it blown up at auction. I’m holding rail pressure well so far. I have hp tuners but know nothing of diesel tuning, turbo ls coyote etc I’m good. I kept my sct from last truck, loaded canned tune but trans was whack so I went back to original file which I believe is a mini maxx.

Reaction score
You don’t have a rail pressure issue? That seems to be the one thing I was warned about. Ncollins64 says he can tune my combo but says that I need dual pumps to maintain rail pressure. Maybe you should chat with him.

ncollins64

Reaction score
In my exp with multiple 6.4s, used or new k16 will not hold rail with anything over stock nozzles. Will it drive around ok, sure but you will not get full power or potential out of it.

Racer71

Reaction score
I’ve taken plenty of logs maintaining pressure. 30 seems about as big as one can go according to my rcd dealer without dual fuelers. I made the brackets to add a second pump but never got around to machining a pulley or finding someone to do the lines. I have a friend/semi fam member that is at one of the leading pump injector builders in the world, I was going to talk to about making lines but never got around to finishing project before installing engine.

Latest posts

Members online