UP PIPES 7.3

Watersurgeon

Reaction score
Pulling my tranny in a week so I figured I would do the up pipes and exhaust at the same time. 7.3 CC 4X4. I ordered a Dorman Up Pipe kit but had to send it back because the pin on the collector was offset. What up pipe kit do you recommend and from what supplier. Also I plan on buying an MBRP exhaust system. The pricing is pretty much set by the manufacture so I am not really looking for a deal unless someone has a connection, I am looking for a company that can ship it now as opposed to a weeks later. Cheers and thx for any input.

psduser1

Reaction score
International sets are the "best" replacement, but there are a couple guys around selling a bit better custom sets. Try riffraff diesel.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Definitely don't ever get dorman anything for your truck.

Riffraff works
I did a under valve cover harness about 10 years ago with dorman. Still working. But, I would not do it again.

They are so cheap. Last time I had it apart I wished I had bought an OEM harness to replace it.

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Dorman is getting better on alot of stuff.

Think about this guy's. There are alot of trucks that are not repaired due to costs. These trucks are 20 plus years old. Not everyone has money like yous.

That's where the aftermarket comes in.

Petro

Reaction score
I've installed probably 25+ sets of Dorman bellowed up-pipes without a single problem. Some going on 10 years in the truck without issue. Can't say the same for the expensive BD sets I've installed . . .

psduser1

Reaction score
Definitely don't ever get dorman anything for your truck.

Riffraff works
I generally agree, but..
I did a under valve cover harness about 10 years ago with dorman. Still working. But, I would not do it again.

They are so cheap. Last time I had it apart I wished I had bought an OEM harness to replace it.
Tried them, they are junk.
I have never bought anything that said Dorman on it that fit anywhere near right. If you bought a lawnmower wheel from them, it would probably turn backwards.
You're not wrong,lol.
Dorman is getting better on alot of stuff.

Think about this guy's. There are alot of trucks that are not repaired due to costs. These trucks are 20 plus years old. Not everyone has money like yous.

That's where the aftermarket comes in.
This is true. I have used Dorman uppipes twice now. They seem to hold up ok, but they can be a real bitch to install vs the oe, or even a "custom" set.

Latest posts

Members online