Valve body

slowcoupe

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just checking in as I couldn’t find much recent information on the subject. Are people still installing the JW or BTS valve body in the 4R? I cannot seem to find them in stock anywhere. I am looking to upgrade my trans cooler to the 26 or 31 fin 6.0 cooler and figured I’d do a VB while I’m changing the fluids/filter. I plan to add a PHP hydra here soon.

Or is everyone just controlling line pressure with tuning? I remember reading it was easier on the pump to do the VB over trans tuning.

Any information is much appreciated. Just looking to prolong the life of my 4R.

Truck is a 2002 F350 CCLB auto. 3.5 level on 35’s. Stock as far as performance. Trans was rebuilt at 150k. So has 46k on it.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Take them being in stock at full force with a grain of salt. I use to help them guys out and they usually never have anything in stock. They just show that and then drop ship from the manufacture.
Yes. With the valve body's that's what they do. They are built per order. They can't stock that kind of product.

slowcoupe

Reaction score
okay I see them at Full force. The normal places I use to buy them at were out of stock and saw DP tuner was charging $500 for one. Kinda threw me off.

i ended up snagging one from riffraff as they came in stock.

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
Be sure to report back what you think about the valve body.

I did my own when I rebuilt the trans, sonnax parts, HD kit. I am actually not very happy with it. Shifts firmer than it should I think. took the plate down and made smaller holes to soften the shifts and still pretty rough.

Been thinking about trying an aftermarket valve body or drop mine again and make the holes even smaller.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Be sure to report back what you think about the valve body.

I did my own when I rebuilt the trans, sonnax parts, HD kit. I am actually not very happy with it. Shifts firmer than it should I think. took the plate down and made smaller holes to soften the shifts and still pretty rough.

Been thinking about trying an aftermarket valve body or drop mine again and make the holes even smaller.
I was very cautious on drilling and God damn my shifts are hard and even worse with tuning. Hopefully new tuning won't mess with line psi and we'll be all good.

But year I redid my trans and vb myself and not very happy with the harshness

Latest posts

Members online