xtreem x tune

248superduty

Reaction score
Quick question. Anybody dd with the xtreme x tune from inovative? Im thinking of getting it but it says converter is locked in second gear and up. Would be a tune i can dd on or no? And also is the FICM tuner worth it? I like the fact that i can keep the tuner and switch them when/if i want.

05wh250

Reaction score
I thought the extreme x was a cross between a race tune and street tune, I drove mine around on it just fine for awhile. I like php's ficm tuning over innovative.

Vawter

Reaction score
I tried to run the extreme x tune as a dd but hated it after a while. It ran great when I would beat on it, but I could never get used to the way it drove cruising through town with the early lock up. It might just be personal preference though.

little luke

Reaction score
I DD it and tow with it. If you get into it will go into lock up. But if your just putting around its like driving with x street. Ive had good luck with the tune, but I learned how to drive it and "pedal shift" , but everybody else hates driving my truck because of it.

Last edited:

zshier17

Reaction score
Can't you just tell them to tune it so it doesn't lock up as early? get them to lock it up at like 55 mph. i've heard of other tuners doing that.

matt92idi

Reaction score
I ran it for a while but it would down shift out of overdrive when doing anything below 50mph so I found myself flying around just to keep it in overdrive. I now dd the tsd spd tune with early lock and love it. I think it even pulls a little harder

Reaction score
I had it for a while also and did not like the way it popped out of overdrive right at 50. I found myself speeding around just to keep it in OD too. It pulled pretty good in OD though., with 190/100's.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I've been running a dyno tuned version of Xtreme X for probably 2 years now. My favorite tune by far. If you get in it hard it will lock up early and firm but if you are just cruising around it drives very tame. Eric can also tailor the overdrive in/out speed to fit what you want. If you need some tunes, let me know, we deal with Innovative.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
From my experience... a lot of people do not like early lock-up tunes. Especially with bigger tires/injectors/turbos. It make it easier to get under the turbo and lug the motor if you drive easy on a hard core lock up tune.

With stock tires, injectors, and turbo most don't even notice it locking up because the stock turbos spool so well down low that they can pull right through it... but once you start getting into the bigger turbos/injectors/tires then before you know it you will be lugging the motor at 1400rpms in OD rolling coal trying to figure out how to unlock the converter (when taking it easy)... but at WOT the truck will feel like a monster.

IMO there is no need for it unless you are racing. The early lockup tunes are made for putting more power to the ground sooner... but you will sacrifice a little driveability.

248superduty

Reaction score
Im just trying to find a new tune to try out. Been running vivans (quicktricks) looney wild for about 2 years now and while I have loved it for a long time it seems to not shift out of overdrive very fast. Im not sure if this is because I have switched to 37's from 35's or if a different tune would shift it out of od faster?

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
Drew at Back Road Performance writes some pretty good tunes. I'm running his and they're quick. Good spool and not too much fuel.

Mdub707

Reaction score
After grenading a stock torque converter into a bazillion pieces and necessitating a complete reman trans.... I leave the early lock up tunes for competition only. No need for it on the street. I apparently do not have the self control for it.

I run X-street all the time now.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
After grenading a stock torque converter into a bazillion pieces and necessitating a complete reman trans.... I leave the early lock up tunes for competition only. No need for it on the street. I apparently do not have the self control for it.

I run X-street all the time now.

That's awesome. In a feel bad for ya but awesome man way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while swerving across I-64.

Mdub707

Reaction score
That's awesome. In a feel bad for ya but awesome man way.

It was a while ago. Was not enjoyable at the time. It had a Ford reman trans put in, that was a complete POS from the day I got it. It never shifted right, any time I used tow/haul it would lock into whatever gear it was in and the light would flash. Eventually developed a delay going into reverse followed by a stutter... finally got that one rebuilt at Ford again and it was rock solid! Then I broke the flex plate. :cursing:

It's all good now. Lessons learned.

Latest posts

Members online