• under 26k

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • under 24k

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
1ftsw21r48ee08130

2008 CCSB FX4 Blue/Black loaded with power leather heated seats etc. No sunroof.

93K asking 27k

Whats it worth and what should I check for when buying.

I will run a CARFAX tonight and post here.

What he has told me so far.

• He would take 24k
  • Bone stock never tuned or anything
  • Ford Replaced HPFP
  • Ford Replaced all 8 injectors
  • Ford replaced water separator
  • New tires
  • Trans flush
  • he has owned since 53k
  • older women drove before him
  • Said he thinks it a Job 2
  • just tow hitch no 5th wheel
  • replace brakes not ball joints
  • 3 little door dings, no rust or anything else

Thanks guys,

David

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
It just you will have a payment and not a warenty. I dont know your finances but I know if I had a payment and no warenty and something broke I would be fu@ked.

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
It just you will have a payment and not a warranty. I dont know your finances but I know if I had a payment and no warranty and something broke I would be fu@ked.

How long are the warranties good for?

Are you saying i should buy one from a dealer and get an extended one?

how many miles should i stay under?

chromehound

Reaction score
IIRC it's

3yr/36 bumper to bumper

5yr/??? powertrain

Extended warrienties can be a pain but it depends on where you get them - some are universal and others are only good at the place you got it. I'm not saying they aren't worth the $$ from time to time but really check out who you get it from and from my understanding mods will void an extended warrenty same as the factory one.

Better deals can be found but if it's what you want then it dosen't really matter if you end up happy. There will always be people who think you got a hell of a deal and others who think you got screwed.

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
Also if you buy a warranty be sure it is 1 that your local dealer will honor! But if you buy it(warranty) from the dealer then you cant go wrong. Read what they cover VERY well.

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
U can purchase a 200k power train warranty at any ford dealership, but the truck has to be under 100k.

any idea what it takes to qualify? can you buy a used truck 08 with 93k like i am looking at from a person or does it have to be from a dealer?

idea on cost?

chromehound

Reaction score
I don't think who you bought it from matters.

I looked into one from Ford for my '08 - they said they would have to look the truck over first and that the higher the miles the more the $$. Mine with 36,xxx was going to run ~$2,200 for a 5yr/100k powertrain but my lift, DPF delete and Livewire made my truck non eligable.

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
You can purchase the truck from anyone! Take it to your local dealer have them do a esp check on it! As long as they dont find any thing major or like what is stated above, then they can sell you 1.

Reaction score
any idea what it takes to qualify? can you buy a used truck 08 with 93k like i am looking at from a person or does it have to be from a dealer?

idea on cost?

as far as i know it just has to be undere the 5year/100,000 mile mark. call ay ford dealership and ask them about premium care warranty.

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
OP pm coming yout way!

Nevermind guys after reading just part of the report im running. Thanks for the info. To many good trucks out there to buy someones problem.

Ps if anyone finds a blue 08 fx4 with 93k in TN dont buy it.

Zmann

Reaction score
unless there was more on the report?
the new fuel system sounds like it may have had gasoline or another contamination issue ?

sounds like someone was chucking parts at it ?

but that shouldn't be a deal killer IMHO

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
unless there was more on the report?
the new fuel system sounds like it may have had gasoline or another contamination issue ?

sounds like someone was chucking parts at it ?

but that shouldn't be a deal killer IMHO

Idk im talking to the owner now. He said he is sueing ford for saying bad fuel. He sent samples off and.so did his insurance and both came back ok.

He got stuck with a 9k bill plus just killed his resale value.

I guess i need to think long and hard about the 6.4 ya its the best truck inside and out and best ride with most power but the 6.4 is a big problem. When i read on here seems 70% are 08's.

I love ford as.much as the next guy but they need to take care of there customers. Dont think this guy will be back in a ford.

I dont see cummins saying bad fuel bad fuel. Why cant ford own up to their pos. It also has a new rad. And why isnt there a recall out for all this ****?

chromehound

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there was something about the radiators being covered under warrenty and there was the venturi T that they put in to keep the radiators from splitting.

Bad fuel can screwup any motor and the problems with the 6.4 can be fixed if you're willing to spend time and money (that's true of any motor though).

As far as what you read on forums just remember that forums are used to inform people of your problems so that they can maybe help you out and to let them know to watch out for that issue.

Zmann

Reaction score
The 6.4 is no more less a POS than the 6.0 ,, probably less ,, but they all need some TLC
IMHO

I don't think all 8 injectors /the fuel pump and filter housing all took a crud no matter what happened /Water /Gasoline ETC

it was a parts chucker fixing the truck and not a good Mechanic