DP F-5 chip?

maxtrax

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a used DP F-5 Chip. Right now they chip is set up for single shot injectors and a manual transmission. I have an automatic and splits. Is this something that I can have changed over (are all the chip blanks for manual the same as auto?) and if so how much do you charge? Thanks.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Per DP's website...

Product Reburn information for current customers and product purchased used -
For current customers who have the F5, F6 or SCT units and you would like updated tunes it is always FREE. When sending the F5 back all you need to do is pay for returning shipping. For previous customers with chips over the 30 days grace period, when you send your chip in to have it reburned to a different PCM code or transmission or valve body your cost is only $25 plus return shipping. If you modify your truck with modifications that require new custom tunes the charges are $30 per each performance tune plus return shipping. When you purchase the truck modifications through us your tunes are updated for the new mods at no cost. All you need to do is cover shipping both ways.
Chips purchased used that are sent in for reprogramming to a new PCM code its a flat fee of $50 to reburn the chip plus return shipping. For different modifications its $25 per each performance tune plus return shipping. We do not refund for tunes flashed on a customer supplied PCM. We will not reburn other manufacturers chips.

Here is a link to the page...
http://www.dp-tuner.com/kbase/Warranty_Product_Re-Burns/Warranty_Product_Re-Burn_Information.html

Do give you a short answer... Yes, it needs to be sent in for a reburn. The manual trans tunes are different than the auto trans tunes.

maxtrax

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. I understand that there are different tunes for auto/manual.... what I was really wondering is if I get a chip out of a manual truck CAN it be reburned for an auto truck?

You did answer my question about the $$ though.