Turbo swap

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'm sure you could, the motors are the same just the tuning and turbo that is different. The motors are a PITA to work on though.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Its my buddies customer, he has had 2 turbos blow so far, truck is tuned and deleted, the cab and chassis trucks have a completely different turbo from the 250 and 350's

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
You are wanting to put a pickup turbo on the C&C platform? I would honestly advise against it. The pickup turbos are not performing very well either. I have seen multiple issues even on stock trucks.

I have more customers wanting to swap from the pickup turbo over to the single compressor wheel C&C style. They seem to think they will be more reliable.

The swap is do-able. One thing to remember is all the plumbing and wastegate configuration. Because the pickup uses a dual inlet turbo, you will need to purchase the mating intake parts, or fabricate something. The Pickup also has a wastegate controller, that I don't think the C&C uses. With H&S tuning, the wastegate is no longer necessary, so that may help.

Good luck with it. If you end up doing it, post up some pics and info. Love to know how it turns out.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
What's the difference between the two? I havn't looked into the 6.7 much.

The 250-450 get a dual compressor wheel VGT turbo and the 450-550 Cab and Chassis trucks get a single compressor wheel VGT turbo. The CC truck have been blowing turbos like crazy, small shafts, small bearings and small inducer. Doesn't help that they are both to small for the engine, they spool fast but I suspect are being over sped and that's the root cause of the failures.

Beans71086

Reaction score
The 250-450 get a dual compressor wheel VGT turbo and the 450-550 Cab and Chassis trucks get a single compressor wheel VGT turbo. The CC truck have been blowing turbos like crazy, small shafts, small bearings and small inducer. Doesn't help that they are both to small for the engine, they spool fast but I suspect are being over sped and that's the root cause of the failures.

Good to know, thanks for the reply!