cummins swap wiring pics

Copracr

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm swapping an E99 truck 7.3 into a 2000 v10 excursion. I thinking it will be quicker and easier to make my 7.3 a stand alone harness and connect it to the chassis as needed for gauges.
This is pretty much what you common rail swap guys do? I'm thinking I should open up the engine compartment harness and remove the v10 stuff, then remove it all the way back to the 3 big plugs in the firewall. Then I could use the empty spots in those plugs to run wires for my accelerator pedal.

If you have any advice for handling the wiring or lessons you learned I'd love to hear about it. Thanks

Or pics, I almost forgot. I want to make it look clean...ish

Copracr

Reaction score
I'm thinking it would be best and easiest to use the whole harness from your donor truck.

Donor truck was a zero option f250 2wd 6 speed. It went into a fully loaded excursion 4wd auto. There would be a lot of wiring one way or another so i opted to change the engine harness since I could remove it in 30 minutes.

I ended up putting the excursion harness on the workbench along side of the f250 harness and combined them into one harness. It took the better part of 2 days. AND, I havent tested it yet

All told I would think it was similar to putting a cummins in it. I even went so far as to use the original fuse/relay locations so it took a while.