My first project: Ford Focus

edge186

Reaction score
I've always been one to do all my own maintenance on my vehicles and have done a couple of turbo swaps but have never really gotten any more extensive on a car than that... Until now. I've been looking for a car for quite a while to try to start putting less miles on my truck as well as to save on fuel costs. I recently came across an 02 focus that a neighbor was selling because the motor had sucked a valve. For $500, I decided why not. Luckily I found an engine the next day for $800. Its from an 03 and it happens to be a factory reman from 05. The motor looks to be pretty clean and the valves look like they are in good shape. For the last week I've spent my nights after work working on this car and wondering what the hell I was thinking. But I did end up getting it going last night. After I was pretty sure I had everything back together I turned the key and it fired right up... But it had a very noisy exhaust almost as if there were no exhaust at all... Then I discovered that I had somehow broken the manifold... Luckily I have an extra manifold from the other motor I guess... This has been a fairly easy project and a good learning experience but I doubt I'll be attempting anything like this again for a while lol. I'll just stick to quads and dirt bikes like I have been.

bigsix300

Reaction score
Hmm I coulda sworn focus only had Z-tech until 05 and I know that in 05 was duratech

Thumbed out Infected T-bolt

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Yup the split port is what they called it. I have a 02 hatch with the zetec great little daily driver. It looks like a egg on wheels tho.