BD Diesel dyno day /mission raceway

pog

Reaction score
I should be there. Depending what the trucks situation is then.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Had planned on going, then heading up to Whistler for some biking and camping, but not sure if I'll be able to make it. Plus my buddy that was going to come with me bailed so I'm not sure just yet.

Would love to go though, but I'll either make this one or Edmonton in August.

Phiber Optik

Reaction score
i'd like to see how BD's dyno compares to 5252's in numbers, hopefully BD's can load higher, i could only do 43psi on 5252's and i can make almost 58psi on the street

it'll be nice to see some 4 digit hp trucks.

jstann: you still at titan?

pog

Reaction score
i went to dyno days last year. it was a buncha horse crap. they dont do trq #'s and they didnt even push my truck. only took it about 70mph where it was just starting to make power. i ended up doing 433hp on kem 310 tune. i know i had at least 500hp. i hate bd with a passion but im gonna go there just so i can show up most of the cummins guys that have bd plastered all over their windows.

pog

Reaction score
this?
bd.jpg

strokin_girl04

Reaction score
i went to dyno days last year. it was a buncha horse crap. they dont do trq #'s and they didnt even push my truck. only took it about 70mph where it was just starting to make power. i ended up doing 433hp on kem 310 tune. i know i had at least 500hp. i hate bd with a passion but im gonna go there just so i can show up most of the cummins guys that have bd plastered all over their windows.

They don't do torque numbers so they can move quickly through trucks. You also failed to mention that you don't have to pay for this dyno, so its not like you got your money taken. You are more then welcome to run your own truck if you like as well.

amarillo250

Reaction score
Not trying to be rude, just think that maybe the whole story should get out before people go bashing a company that works really hard to move this industry forward.

just the facts, I like it. If somebody just tells half the story then dont say anything at all. I'm with you girl, stick it to the man. LOL

pog

Reaction score
They don't do torque numbers so they can move quickly through trucks. You also failed to mention that you don't have to pay for this dyno, so its not like you got your money taken.my arguement had nothing to do with having been charged or free. so just because it was a free run i cant complain about it? just because i didnt have to pay for something i cant express what i think of it? i was simply stating the fact they didnt even get into the trucks power band hence resulting in a low number. im sure anyone who knows about bd dyno days knows its free, i mean who would be willing to pay for false hp and hand calculated trq #'s? You are more then welcome to run your own truck if you like as well.
okay you failed to mention that you arent given the option to run your own truck during the dyno day. i didnt see one person do their own (i only watched about 20).
Not trying to be rude, just think that maybe the whole story should get out before people go bashing a company that works really hard to move this industry forward.

if anyone one knows anything about bd, they know they are dodge dyck riders. they praise the cummings like its godly. their homepage states at the top "the leaders in diesel performance". are you serious? how the hell are they anywhere near that? to me, for them to be a leader in diesel performance they would need products for all the diesel motors. since i drive a 6.4 and have seen what they have to offer for that its complete garbage. so that automatically tells me they arent the leaders in diesel performance. so now its okay for them to lie on the webpage?

to sum up my own personal experience with bd while waiting for warranty work
-rep tells me 6.4 stock turbos dont last
-a sales rep diagnosed a 5.9 over the phone by asking how many clicks were on the motor.. customer: "500,000 km" rep: "your good, these motors will last 1mil + kms, just come in and we will tune it up". do i really need to get into that, what shop would confirm someones motor is fine over the phone?
-guy came in with a fuel leak on his 5.9 pissed because it was the third time he had to come back, apparently they did some more work on it, dude left, saw him sitting in the middle of the intersection one block up from bd on my way out
oh yeahh it took them over two hours to replace the diaphragm on my BOV which was still under warranty. then tried charging me labor! LOL

jstann

Reaction score
i'd like to see how BD's dyno compares to 5252's in numbers, hopefully BD's can load higher, i could only do 43psi on 5252's and i can make almost 58psi on the street

it'll be nice to see some 4 digit hp trucks.

jstann: you still at titan?

yes sir

u still got your stang

jstann

Reaction score

they definitely favor the cummins guys

if i go over to the mainland it will be mostly to go to the drags