No Start help

Tbirdhau

Reaction score
Hey Guys need some help. I have a 2005 6.0. I have a crank no start. Engine had new head gaskets installed, New Motocraft IPR, new standpipes and dummy plugs, new snap to connect fitting. When I crank the motor, I'm getting the following.
ICP desired 7289
Icp 1558
Icp V .48
Ipr 84%
Ipr 248 psi.

If I unplug the IPR and hook a pigtail to it and hook to the battery the engine fires up. I have done an air test thru the IPR and hear no leaks. The kicker is I'm building a truck and putting a 73 ford cab on this so I'm using a warren diesel standalone harness. I'm going to do a leak down test thru the ICP port next to triple check that I don't have a leak. Could my Hpop be weak? Seams odd since it will start when powering the IPR off the battery. Anyone have any idea where I should go from here?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
How long has it ran since doing all the oil system work? What is rpm and sync?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bismic

Reaction score
Change your pressure units to psi instead of kPa.
It is impossible for the PCM to desire over 5000 psi.

What scan tool are you using?
What codes do you have?
Are you sure your wiring (power AND ground) is good (each circuit has continuity) between the IPR and the PCM?
Where are you buying your OEM parts?

Your ICP sensor volts at .48 means that you are not getting enough high pressure oil pressure. The 84% IPR Duty Cycle confirms it.

EDIT:

I see you added "IPR psi at 248 - that should be the ICP is at 248 psi and that corresponds to the ICP sensor voltage of 0.48 volts. As specifically stated above - that is too low to start.

You probably should take it to a shop.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.