Detroit locker or Truetrac locker

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
Well guys I need to fix the rear end. Lost the pinion gear today. What is everyone running? This is for a daily driver. I hear that the Detroit is stronger, but it's also louder and like to eat tires. I have searched here and looked on PSN and an still debating.

Urban Wheeler

Reaction score
Tru Trac hands down for a daily driver. i am running them front and rear, they have great street manners and will work when you need them.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Gonna try to afford a Tru-Trac in mine for this winter after reading all the positive reviews I found. This Ford Trac-Loc is a joke, especially after filling it with Amsoil.

Will probably do a selectable (electric or air) in my front one day, due to how much my hubs are locked and I run 4wd in the winter.

JDub

Reaction score
I put the TruTrac in the rear end of my 2wd truck, I made over 900hp and 1700ft-lbs torque on the dyno multiple times, never had a minutes trouble. Worked awesome on the street too.

V-Ref

Reaction score
I put the TruTrac in the rear end of my 2wd truck, I made over 900hp and 1700ft-lbs torque on the dyno multiple times, never had a minutes trouble. Worked awesome on the street too.
That's all the endorsment I need. TruTrac for me now. Thanks for posting.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
For a dd, tru trac all the way, they are very well mannered on the street but hook up really well. I'll be getting one as soon as my stocker craps out...260k+ and it ain't crapped out yet(knock on wood)

bigbadford01

Reaction score
I'm running a detroit. Issue I find is that I'm runnign 38" tires and more times than not she chirps the pass rear tire. Long story short I go through tires 2x as fast on the passenger side of my truck than the drivers....