Cause of more black smoke after engine is warm?

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Ive noticed that when i first drive my truck in the morning before the temp gets upto operating temperature i have much less black smoke then after it warms up. any ideas?

Blowby

Reaction score
Ask Cale to look at the EOT tables that effect fuel and timing. If it just started happening out of the blue then post any changes or symptoms that could help us diagnose the problem.

Last edited:

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Rick (madmaxz) everything was better right after i got the truck back after fixing the bts (new pump and converter) and new uppipes. 75% of my smoke issue went away. but it was still present. brian sent me tunes to try. ive noticed this issue of hardly any smoke before the trucks upto opp temps. then starts to smoke more when hot.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
I think it may be some kind of air leak somewhere.turbo sounds alittle different in the morning . Seems to boost faster but putting around town first thing I can hear something I don't know how to explain almost like a light howl when letting off the go pedal . That goes away once hot.

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
Rick (madmaxz) everything was better right after i got the truck back after fixing the bts (new pump and converter) and new uppipes. 75% of my smoke issue went away. but it was still present. brian sent me tunes to try. ive noticed this issue of hardly any smoke before the trucks upto opp temps. then starts to smoke more when hot.

Sorry didn't know you changed names.

With the stage 1 cam you have to pull some timing at part throttle or it will smoke. It could all just be in the timing.