HID problems.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
well I installed my 55w retro kit. drivers light came on no passengers. well I fooled with my connections and it came on. not quite is bright. well it hasnt came on since. I checked my ground, my ground to the digital box, and power everywhere. everything checks out fine. pulled the bulb back out and it's black. also the digital box is crazy hot
compared to the drivers side. swappe bulbs an the black one wouldn't work, chase it's ruined I guess. and the good bulb wouldnt work it the passenger side. SO. mind you they've only been in like 2 days. and I realize it's a jumbled post but I'm typing from my phone. lemme know what y'all think

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Mine acted like that and it was because the it wasn't making a good connection at the factory headlight plug. Put some dielectric grease in it and its been good ever since.

yeehaw

Reaction score
the plug that goes into the ballast has to be the right polarity, if you look on the ballast there will be a "+" and a "-" make sure the plug is correct, you may have to turn it opposite way Eric. I had the same issue on my truck with the 55w kit.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
the plug that goes into the ballast has to be the right polarity, if you look on the ballast there will be a "+" and a "-" make sure the plug is correct, you may have to turn it opposite way Eric. I had the same issue on my truck with the 55w kit.

you think that could cause the hot ballast? i got retro sending me new ballasts and bulbs next week i believe

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Not sure with retro but some ballast get hot, not like scalding your hand hot tho... I have put 2 sets of hids in a 08 trucks and didn't have any out of the way problems, only thing I can really think of causing the problems you are describing is faulty parts

nickg3130

Reaction score
One of my ballasts went out in my fog lights. I switched the ballasts around and it was the opposite light that went out showing the ballast was shot. I don't use them enough to worry about it but I have to send it in one of these days.

tensixniner

Reaction score
read again. not sure if it was 100% clear. but I've talked to them the whole tome time. just curious what you guys thought.

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

Sounds like a defective ballast. Capsule should not be black.
It happens, hope they take care of you, I'm sure you'll love them once they're lit.