PMR Tuning Question

David N

Reaction score
Matt,

Im David Nicholson, you tuned my 2002 F250 with a 38R and 250/100's.

I want to ask a question about tuning...

I have noticed when I sled pull with this truck, I take off in second, and at WOT the smoke pours out, and the truck feels very strong, but when it shifts to 3rd gear, the smoke immediately clears up. Mind you, the engine is only turning about 2000 RPM's in 3rd gear most of the way down the track.

I am aware that with your tuning, fueling comes in at WOT or almost WOT. Is this dependent on RPM's or by the throttle pedal?

So I guess my question is, since my engine is only turning 2000 RPM's or so, is my truck fueling correctly? Is my engine making full power potential?

Thanks.

Also, when are you ready to give me a few more degrees of timing? I need more powah! :ford:

Reaction score
if the truck has 3.73 run 4low 2nd gear and get a converter lock switch . I dont know what matt has for converter lock in 2nd but.. will help u a bunch. Just my o2

David N

Reaction score
Thanks Daryl! haha

And as far as the lock-up, I was under the impression that it was locking. The truck hits the limiter in 2nd gear almost as soon as I go WOT.

TyCorr

Reaction score
MIne locks @WOT in 2nd gear....Not sure if it's my tuning or just how it works. I think it's my tuning.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ty-as soon as it goes into 2nd? My tunes it went from 1st to 2nd locked in one shift. Went from like 3k rpm to 1400 rpm on one shift.

If you are accelerating slowly, it's in first, and you pin it the thing will shift real quick and then lock. If you are in second and stab it, locks right ***kin now. My converter is.locked all the time unless I'm in a town dicking around. Not to get too far into shti you don't care about but, if I decel from 55+ to.a 30-35mph zone I can keep the converter locked as long as I don't touch the brakes. Slight throttle input while coasting, esp, in a tow tune and it'never leave lockup.

Now my duramax on th other hand :doh:

Gearhead

Reaction score
at 2000 rpms it's not quite eating all it can, but i bet the smoke clearing up is just you loading the trubo harder..... you seeing a boost change?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Shhhhhhhh!

I get it all the time.

Its been chipped for 60k miles, and its been at this power level for almost 25k. The chip is never off the highest setting.

Call me brave. :ford:

My PMR engine had 30k when it got swapped for forged, still ran like a top.

And it never came out of the hot tune either.

Thinkin maybe that's the key, the engine/rods/bearings only ever deal with one timing curve, fuel curve, etc...

David N

Reaction score
at 2000 rpms it's not quite eating all it can, but i bet the smoke clearing up is just you loading the trubo harder..... you seeing a boost change?

Well not really, but I honestly am not sure. There is so much going on. I will try to get a video of the gauges next time. Im pretty sure its still making 40 psi in 3rd as well.

Also, I have on video what appears to be a flame coming out of my exhaust near the end of the pull. LOL

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Well not really, but I honestly am not sure. There is so much going on. I will try to get a video of the gauges next time. Im pretty sure its still making 40 psi in 3rd as well.

Also, I have on video what appears to be a flame coming out of my exhaust near the end of the pull. LOL

And a slight glow from the manifolds haha.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score

I got to see this

Members online

No members online now.