• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Wtb over head message center

Charles

Reaction score
I've repaired two or three of those for ZERO dollars...

In my experience, it's always the shotty soldering on the boards. They have surface mount components and I would bet good money that if you take your old one apart you'll see a resistor just hanging off the board somewhere. The board sits upside down in the truck so any bumps and bangs tries to crack the piss-poor solder job. The resistors drop away from the board and for a while you can usually hit it with your fist and they will flop back up and it will work a little longer.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. 2 minutes with a soldering iron and you could have probably been on your way.

Maybe someone should do a writeup and make it a sticky. This is super common.

On Edit:

Here's a picture. I couldn't find a writeup, although there must be one somewhere.

99020.520.jpg

Those little surface mount resistors you see with the resistance values written on them are the culprits.

Last edited:

deerslayer64d

Reaction score
When I pull the unit out of the overhead console and look at it, on the top left-hand corner of the screen I can see a little black mark like it shorted so I'm not sure if it is the same issue as you described or not? if you want I will send it to you if you want to play with it maybe you can fix it for me? Lol

Charles

Reaction score
When I pull the unit out of the overhead console and look at it, on the top left-hand corner of the screen I can see a little black mark like it shorted so I'm not sure if it is the same issue as you described or not? if you want I will send it to you if you want to play with it maybe you can fix it for me? Lol

If the screen went down then you're right, that is a totally different thing, and not fixable.

Petro

Reaction score
So yours must also have a burned spot on the screen?

I beleive so. In one spot on the screen you can see a small black circle. Its just a little darker than the rest of the screen, Im pretty sure its a burnt spot. I may check the soldered connections like you said just to see if the screen is good but Im thinkin its not.

Charles

Reaction score
I beleive so. In one spot on the screen you can see a small black circle. Its just a little darker than the rest of the screen, Im pretty sure its a burnt spot. I may check the soldered connections like you said just to see if the screen is good but Im thinkin its not.

Damn man. I've never seen one and you both have one. Probably would have been a simple fix otherwise.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Mine had a dark spot in the corner, but you can't notice it when it is on really... There have been quite a few write ups on fixing them yourself on the forums, there was also a guy on eBay who would fix them for like $30 I know of a few people over on the .org that used him and were very pleased