Bought a truck for the wife...kinda

superdutyman97

Reaction score
So I got a phone call earlier and was asked if I'd be interested in buying this:
1350614460.jpg

I didn't give a whole lot for it, and to be honest it'd be hard to pass it up. My mom bought this brand new in '05 and it's got 147,000 miles on it. V-6, 5 speed, and zero options. It currently has a tranny delete thing going on; it's stuck in third and won't come out but I'm working on that as soon as I get it to the house. First change will be the removal of the topper. Hideous and has to go immediately. The wife is a GM fan and this is right up her alley. It also keep me from having to foot the bill for a D-Max to keep her happy. $1400 for this sounded much better.

Short term plans are to clean up a few little body issues and get it streetable so I can drive it for a while. 18's, a cowl hood, and a 2/4 drop for next summer. I can keep working on my 6.0 while I tinker with this too. Long term I'd like to swap in a 4bt with a stick. I'm thinking a few small mods and redoing the interior at that point and driving the wheels off of it. For what I've got in it I can spend a little here and there to get it looking good, then concentrate on the performance side of it. 4.3 will probably never die on its own so I probably have some decent miles left on the stock drivetrain.

Sorry for long post, but I've got all I want in my 6.0 beyond studs and a few small mods. It's the family ride and my tow rig so I don't want to get real extreme with it. This thing will serve as our third vehicle and a family project. The boys getting old enough that he likes to be in the garage and this could be a good learn as he goes kind of project. That's it for now, I'll have more pics as soon as I drag it home and start digging in to it.