The New 6.7 Ford

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
So I went to go look at getting a new truck. I have had dodges for the last 6 years and was ready to go back to the Ford. I looked at all the models.

Can anyone tell me why they feel so cheap? The interior is just not that nice. The steering wheel sits at a horrible angle also. I was a little happier with the way it drove but not sure it is any better than my Dodge. Am I missing something or are they just really that overrated???

Dave

Reaction score
Interior is the exact same as is in the 6.4s.

Well the headrests in the XLT's are different.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
So I went to go look at getting a new truck. I have had dodges for the last 6 years and was ready to go back to the Ford. I looked at all the models.

Can anyone tell me why they feel so cheap? The interior is just not that nice. The steering wheel sits at a horrible angle also. I was a little happier with the way it drove but not sure it is any better than my Dodge. Am I missing something or are they just really that overrated???

I thought just the opposite. I thought the Dodges felt cheap. And the Chevys were to busy on the inside. I love the 09-10 models. And the 11-12 models are even nicer. I just dont like the motors just yet...

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I thought just the opposite. I thought the Dodges felt cheap. And the Chevys were to busy on the inside. I love the 09-10 models. And the 11-12 models are even nicer. I just dont like the motors just yet...

I don't know man i really think if i ever need to pull a semi out of the snow the dodge would do better.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Interior is the exact same as is in the 6.4s.

Well the headrests in the XLT's are different.

Have you gotten out of a 6.4 and straight to a 6.7? The door panels and dash are the same except the gauges and that's it. New seats and center console. The seats are way more plush as well. My buddy has a 10 Dodge and I had the same thoughts your having about fords JD.

sent from somewhere in the country

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
What kind were you looking at? Or did you look at them all?

Lariat...To be honest i was hoping to get you all fired up. The truck is very very nice. I cant decide between a 4 door short on 22's stock height or a longbed lifted on 22's...Is there anything i should be looking for besides the obvious?

Last edited:

Dave

Reaction score
Have you gotten out of a 6.4 and straight to a 6.7? The door panels and dash are the same except the gauges and that's it. New seats and center console. The seats are way more plush as well. My buddy has a 10 Dodge and I had the same thoughts your having about fords JD.

sent from somewhere in the country

Seats in my father in laws 12 XLT are exactly the same as the 10 at work.

Console is different yeah

Gauges depend on the trim package

JDub

Reaction score
Lariat...To be honest i was hoping to get you all fired up. The truck is very very nice. I cant decide between a 4 door short on 22's stock height or a longbed lifted on 22's...Is there anything i should be looking for besides the obvious?

Shorty at stock height will look better in front of the Cat

09stroker

Reaction score
I like the look of a short bed but that's just me.
My dads is a 4 door short bed with a leveling kit but with stock 20's. I can get a pic of that.

willholl79

Reaction score

Lol, I figured you were BSing. There is nothing more "cheap" than the interior of a Dodge. There have been a couple of times that I thought I might be interested in a Cummins. I go look at one, open the door, turn around and walk away. Never even driven one.

Wayne

Reaction score
lifted long bed FTW! That's by far my favorite configuration from a cosmetic standpoint. As you know, fuel economy sucks once it's up in the air, but oh well. If I got an '11+, the grille would definitely need to be modded right away. I hate the giant bars in the middle. I thought they might grow on me, but that hasn't happened yet. I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up buying. It would sure be nice to see you back in a Ford, as long as you could do it, and be satisfied.

Knowing what's currently available in the aftermarket, and what's almost available, I'm finally to the point where I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I had plans to make big power. That would've been my greatest reason to not buy one aside from it being beyond my budget anyway. Here's to hoping you get another cool :fordoval: to fill your garage.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I just bought a 2012 cloth seat truck and am.very happy so far features are nice interior seams to fit better as far as noises go but we will see after I get some miles on it. engine runs as good as a mild tune in a 6.4... Nice trucks for sure