Building a Box

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to build a box for behind the seat in my CC. It'll be for a single shallow mount 12". Does anyone have dimensions for a big a$$ ported box? I know there are certain size requirements as far as volume goes and particular things for porting but I'm just audio retarded so I'm hoping someone has been there done that. Thanks!

smokinstroker

Reaction score
just take my dimensions lol.

there is a program that will map it all out for you. someone with audio experience can help more im sure.

java

Reaction score
I wish I could help but I had a local shop build a box for me. Lol

Spatel23

Reaction score
to add, I totally agree that sealed boxes sound so much better then ported ones. Yes I have heard a properly "tuned and specd" ported box.

Sound quality....sealed.

Hard hitting mud....ported

Silver6

Reaction score
I have a box from my 05 from several years back I saw sitting under the house tonight while hooking up the gas line. Its for 2 10's, I can measure it tomorrow if you want.....

Silver6

Reaction score
to add, I totally agree that sealed boxes sound so much better then ported ones. Yes I have heard a properly "tuned and specd" ported box.

Sound quality....sealed.

Hard hitting mud....ported

In defense, I used to have 2 15" JL's in a custom ported box, and I used to go down the road setting off business and car alarms. It pounded

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
looks like minimum required air space for this sub in a ported box is 1.75 cu ft and the max is 2.25 cu ft. if i built a sealed box, I need min of1.0 cu ft or max of 4.6 cu ft. It's currently in a ****ty sealed single box now. probably.5-.75 cu ft and sounds like crap unless the windows are down.

Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
the idea is to work with what i've got until I get my fuel/oil issues straightened up. JL stuff is legit (and pricey) but i wanna go faster first.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
if i wasn't saving for hybrids, I would have bought that box already chris. momma is making me pay for those myself this time LOL

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Lol date night will change her mind haha

you obviously haven't met Mrs. BlueWaffle! hey when you get a chance, will you measure out your box for me?

ran some quick numbers. in order to get this thing to fit and still get me at least 2.0 cu ft, it's going to have to be hyyoooooge. so far it's looking 52" long, 16" tall, and 5" wide at top and 7" at the bottom. I'll still play with dimensions to see what I can get.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online