Building a Box

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
nah...i'm not trying to rattle the windows like I did back in HS. I just want clean, powerful bass that sounds good. 1 12" with plenty of power and air should be plenty for me.

Rupp250

Reaction score
What are all the outside dimensions on that box. I will throw the numbers in one of the programs I have and see what it says for a port setup. That way if you ever want to try ported you will have the specs. Also if you don't like the way the port setup sounds you can take out the pvc port and cap it off and seal it.

I've built several(25-30) ported boxes for car audio and home.

Oh I saw that you posted the sizes. Comes out to 2.04cf gross. With one 5" port 30" it is tuned to 33hz. Thats is 19.63 sq in port area. 1.44cf net air space.

With one 4" port 16" it is tuned to 32.5hz. Thats is 12.56 sq in port area. 1.69cf net air space.

You could put the port on the end of the box, passenger side. Depending on how close that would be to the wall.

Last edited:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Did you get the box in the truck? If so are there any dimensions that could have been bigger? Like the top maybe 4" instead of 3.5" or the bottom 8" instead of 7.5" and still have room for the sub to move w/o hitting the seat? Or maybe a little taller? Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to design mine right now, and I would like to gain about .05 ft^3 more. I have the power slider and seat belt in the way and how I have it right now I am at .941 ft^3 and the Ideal Sealed Volume is 1 Ft^3

For anyone else trying to make there own box I found a pretty good volume calculator and helpful hints here
http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Did you get the box in the truck? If so are there any dimensions that could have been bigger? Like the top maybe 4" instead of 3.5" or the bottom 8" instead of 7.5" and still have room for the sub to move w/o hitting the seat? Or maybe a little taller? Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to design mine right now, and I would like to gain about .05 ft^3 more. I have the power slider and seat belt in the way and how I have it right now I am at .941 ft^3 and the Ideal Sealed Volume is 1 Ft^3

For anyone else trying to make there own box I found a pretty good volume calculator and helpful hints here
http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

yes box is in the truck. there is literally zero room to spare...not even 1/8" inch so those dimensions are maxed out as far as i'm concerned. i think the sub might be contacting the back of the seat so I'm going to have to pull it back out to pop a cage on there but with the seats up, everything locks into place. i pulled all the fiberglass shell stuff off the rear of the cab to get it to fit. i'll try and get pics tomorrow. also, mine is no power window FYI.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.