who paints headlights?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I want mine done on my 09 and I have read all the stuff about how to do it, etc. but I don't trust myself enough. so that being said-who paints and sells them. I knew mattp did a while back. still not too sure.

I want black with a red reflector or red with a black reflector. lemme know guys.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I would try it yourself, it's not hard to do at all. It made me feel like I accomplished something for once. Worst case pry them apart and give the bezels to someone who you trust to paint. Much cheaper than paying someone for labor and shipping.

I know Matt does them, what about the utlonghorn guy?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I've thought a lot about it. doing it myself isnt happening. and I wasn't too sure bout utlonghorn considering he's been doing 11's. haven't asked.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I'm right there with you man. I want to do mine, because I could get the grey color like on my bumpers with smoked reflector. I even bought the colormatched paint. But I just can't bring myself to pull them apart. I don't think I have the patience, and I'm concerned I'll put the tiny cracks everywhere in the lens. I've just about decided that I'm going to either buy the Harleys, or the cheaper recon look alikes because I can't afford the downtime without headlights.

For what it's worth, spatel had his done by true bliss customs out of California. You can google them. I think he said it was like 250ish or something. They also did a set for a truck identical to yours a while back. Made it red with black reflector and it looked trick as hell. I'm sure they'd send you pics. Somethin else to think about they also color matched his vents and it looked sick as well. I just color matched mine this weekend and it looks way more clean now.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
It is just as easy as color matching your vents. I pryed the hell out of mine to be honest and they didnt crack once. It will take you 30 mins to have them apart. The most time consuming thing is getting all the old adhesive out of the channel, but a heat gun makes that easy. Then apply promoter, paint, clear and seal them up. Trust me if i can do it, you can.

Ive never checked but do eagle eyes offer an 08 light? My friend did his 05 eagle eyes and they were both apart within 5 minutes with the crappy sealant they use.

David S.

Reaction score
I defientaly don't trust myself to pull apart my headlights. I wish there was a decent paint shop around me that could do it for me. True Bliss does do awesome work though, but I'm not sure what I would do without headlights for 2 weeks

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
lol well ill tell you guys what, i have a sprare set for when i did mine. I was about to put them in classifieds if someone wants to borrow them while they have theirs done.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
yes!! that'd be awesome. id grab shipping up and back. cause I don't wanna have downtime, nor do I want to send my 10k mile headlights in as a core and receive a 60k mile pair. but I might try and find somewhere closer to the east coast. the downtime to ca and back would be killer. even if I had a spare set.

on the color, I think red with a black reflector would look slick. the badges-I'm gonna have a local paint guy that painted my old trucks bed, color match the vents.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I was going to suggest getting a spare set to run while you do them, takes time to do them right, then once your done, sell them for what you paid no harm done really.

Its time consuming spliting them, but now that i have done a set the next set wasnt that bad, i helped 97singlecab with his, we did them in an evening.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Thanks, just trying to makes things easier on everyone. I did blue with a black reflector. I think red with a black reflector would flow great on a red truck. When your ready to go through with it, I'll send them out. Just don't know how long until I need them back to sell for monies, I'm sure I can wait. They're harleys too so that's a plus lol.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
We did my vents not too long ago with a syringe.

24905f2c.png

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Thanks! I was happy the way they turned out. I was on a painting jones earlier. Headlights, mirrors, bumpers, vents, two tone delete, symptoms of an addict lol.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I agree.....those vents look great.

Armen at TrueBliss does great work and I highly recommend him. Ive told him about this site so maybe he will chime in.