Help me build a system

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Been soooooo long since i have really dealt with systems not sure whats good and whats not

Background
Used to run 2 12" fosgate hx2's with a 1050s fosgate amp, more system then what i am looking for now.

Just want something that wont overpower the factory speakers, and i would like to leave the factory radio

Want a little more bass than the factory subs offer (my truck doesnt have one anyway)

Gotta mount behind the back seat

Let me know what i need and should do, def dont need the best or most expensive, just bang for the buck

Zmann

Reaction score
I would just get a decent box for behind the seat say a dual or single 10
and use an amp that can use speaker lead inputs as well as RCA

then you can grab the inputs that also feed your rear speakers for the signal

I like the MTX line up as it will also sense the input and turn the amp on and off

a set of satellite tweeters up front might help balance it out also

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
JL13tw5 and 400 kicker is what i run now.. i think ideal is JL13tw5 and a JL500/1. all mounted behind the back seat.. we have several trucks running the 13 and it is just awesome for a single shallow mounted sub.

SevenThree

Reaction score
I like the JL W7 8" although I think the w7 might be a little too much for factory components but consider an 8". I think they have clarity lost when gaining size.

Sally didn't send this

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I like the JL W7 8" although I think the w7 might be a little too much for factory components but consider an 8". I think they have clarity lost when gaining size.

Sally didn't send this

What do you know anyway? Taylor swift doesnt justify the use of a subwhooofer

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
FWIW my single 13 outperforms 2 kicker 12s in a buddies truck. whether his setup is crap or not idk.

spl2k makes super nice boxes for super dutys. look there whatever route you go he was on psn back in the day.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Dzchey21

Reaction score
FWIW my single 13 outperforms 2 kicker 12s in a buddies truck. whether his setup is crap or not idk.

spl2k makes super nice boxes for super dutys. look there whatever route you go he was on psn back in the day.

I just dont know if i need that much sub, I liked the way mike D set up sounded in the green truck, no clue what that was

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I just dont know if i need that much sub, I liked the way mike D set up sounded in the green truck, no clue what that was

I don't use mine that loud, listen to mostly country if that tells you anything. IIRC I'm almost positive mike has a 13tw5 as well.

nickg3130

Reaction score
Sub'd. I just built a box to hold 2 12" Jensen subs and a 1500 watt amp feeding both subs. It's definitely louder than stock, but I kind of want louder. I am still using the factory nav headunit which may be my fallback.

Zmann

Reaction score
I have built some systems with the factory units and just used an amp for all the channels
and aftermarket speakers
eventually I seem to always wind up replacing the HU
but with a NAV I wouldn't be so tempted

nickg3130

Reaction score
I have built some systems with the factory units and just used an amp for all the channels
and aftermarket speakers
eventually I seem to always wind up replacing the HU
but with a NAV I wouldn't be so tempted

I think I should upgrade my speakers, and possibly my subs as well. If i jump up to a better brand I think it should sound better. I got these ones for nothing so I'm not complaining.

MINK

Reaction score
I would just get a decent box for behind the seat say a dual or single 10
and use an amp that can use speaker lead inputs as well as RCA

then you can grab the inputs that also feed your rear speakers for the signal

I like the MTX line up as it will also sense the input and turn the amp on and off

a set of satellite tweeters up front might help balance it out also

Who makes an amp that will use the speaker inputs? I like this otion as I love my factory head unit. I've been out of the system game for to long I supose.

nickg3130

Reaction score
Who makes an amp that will use the speaker inputs? I like this otion as I love my factory head unit. I've been out of the system game for to long I supose.

What I did was use an RCA converter from my factory sup harness. I had to tap in to the R and L frequencies than run RCA cables to my aftermarket amp.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
with my factory HU i hooked my amp into one of the bass wires in a rear speaker, then used a amp controller to control the sub. it pulls all the bass from your speakers, then you can adjust how loud the sub is, buy controlling the amp remotely.

Erikclaw

Reaction score

I think Mike had the JL13" shallow sub that JD mentioned. Not sure if he also had the one mounted in the center console, don't remember.