max tow weight f550

johndeerezach

Reaction score
ok so i am getting this big scrap deal and i am using my truck in sig but i will have to rent a 550 with a gas motor (thats all they have) with flat bed reg cab. what does this haul total, mostly hauling loose metal. or would it be a better idea to rent the ford lcf with 14ft dump bed with 4ft tall sides dump bed.

CGMKCM

Reaction score
A two wheel drive F-550 is a 19,500 lb rated truck. Not sure of the weight of the truck with body but would guess 9,500 lb. for the flat bed. 10k capacity and still be legal.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Our primary rollback is a V-10. GVW is 19,500. We gross 30K-35k on a regular basis with it through the mountains.

Grizzdog

Reaction score
Just dont overload the axles. The dot doesnt care about max haul capabilities rated from the factory. All they care about is your front axle weight rating (fawr) and rear axle weight rating (rawr) and that you have the correct tires and air pressure to be at or above those ratings.

Make sure your break away box battery is fully charged and in full operating condition. Trailer reflective tape is good.

Make sure the hitch is rated to pull the weight your going to put on it.

And make sure your cdl is current

johndeerezach

Reaction score
it is a dumpbed with removeable sides 2wd. dont have cdl but most is back roads to scrap yard but if i seen a dot car my buddy has one and ill let him drive it. i was hoping it had a goose neck hitch but no luck since im running my truck also and im using a 24' with 5' ramp triple axle but now idk if my truck will pull it even half loaded down.

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
If you get your cdls just remember if your doing something stupid on your truck and the law pulls you, you will get punished harder and you need to make sure all you weight ratings are right BC with cells " your sopossed to know what your doing"

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
yea i was talking to my buddy that has his cdl and hes like if its rated for over 26001 then u need cdl to drive.

Or if the trailer you are pulling is rated for 10,001+. Doesn't matter if you're running empty or loaded to capacity.
Just had a buddy get ticketed by the DOT for pulling an empty 16k G.N.