10x285 Alcoas big rig pattern for 08-10 F450??

Arctic Fox

Reaction score
There was a guy over on ps.org that was talking about going to 10x275x19.5 wheels by changing out the rear axles, but to do it on the front Dana 60 axle you would have make custom adapters.

I would like some 6.75" or 7.5" wide 19.5" direct bolt on aluminum wheels.

Last edited:

Arctic Fox

Reaction score
When did they start to make them with the 10x225 bolt pattern? The last time I checked they only offered the 6.75x19.5 in the 8 lug pattern, I'll have to call them.

EDIT - I just got off the phone with American Force, they are making the 10x225 bolt pattern again.

Last edited:

Arctic Fox

Reaction score
Do you have a set on your truck, or know someone that has them?

I don't know if it's true... but I was told they get there wheel forgings from China?

CRANEMAN

Reaction score
No I don't have a set yet. I am getting ready to order some. But I am definitely going to look into that!! That's BS for as much as they want!

Arctic Fox

Reaction score
Will you also get a spare wheel/tire?
I have the OEM spare steel wheel/tire that came with the truck (haven't ever had to use it yet), but I always take it with me on trips when I'm pulling the cargo trailer behind the slide in truck camper (AF-990).
I have been meaning to make a spare tire mount that would fit in the hitch and tuck the spare up under the back overhang of the camper then I could take the spare along on camping trips where I don't need the trailer.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
I'll let you know, pretty sure I'll want to sell them after I get new wheels.
Would you be interested in just the (4) Aluminum wheels or all (7) wheels (including the (3) oem steel wheels)?

it depends what the steel wheels are...

right now i am running a brand new set of 19.5 steels on an 06 F550 and can use the inner duals that i have as long as size and spacing is the same.

5fifty

Reaction score
So is it pretty much not possible for us with these trucks?

You're going to have to get the adapters to go from the small 10 lug ford to the 10 lug semi.

I am in the process of finding a set of adapters to swap the 22.5's under my 550. I just missed a set of used adapters. There are a ton of 8 lug to 10 lug adapters out there. Limited choices on the 10 lug to 10 lug's though.

The other option is to get the direct bolt on 22.5's from American Force, but expect to pay so $$$$'s

Demon

Reaction score
I have 10 on 10 american force adapters.

you have to machine the center bores of the rims to fit the adapters.

Demon

Reaction score
You can see there how the 10on225 pattern interferes with stock bore of the 10on285 rim. It will still be a hub centric rim after its machined for the adapter, but theres no going back to use them with another set of adapters or on a big truck ever again.

Attachments

• IMAG0368.jpg
    IMAG0368.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0370.jpg
    IMAG0370.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0434.jpg
    IMAG0434.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
  • IMAG0660.jpg
    IMAG0660.jpg
    1,004.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Ford05.jpg
    Ford05.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 86

5fifty

Reaction score
If you go with the 10x10 adapters that inverts the stock studs you won't have to mill the rims like the American Force adapters.

Demon

Reaction score
Can you describe more detail. Or picture it. Because that would have been awesome to not have had to cut my center hole. But what's done is done now. I didn't know there was another option for 10on10 adapters.

Last edited:

5fifty

Reaction score
Can you describe more detail. Or picture it. Because that would have been awesome to not have had to cut my center hole. But what's done is done now. I didn't know there was another option for 10on10 adapters.

Sorry I didnt see you asked. On the American force adapter you slide the adapter over the stock studs. The bore is larger due to casting and lug nuts facing out. This makes you have to bore the center if the rim to fit over.

The adapters I am installing require you to remove the factory studs and press them into the adapters inverted. They install back onto the truck and the stock lug nuts go on the inside.

I will snap some pictures when I get them installed. They are being made now and should be done in a few days.