Alrighty 6.0 boys may need some help on next buy

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
Me and my dad found a nice 2004 crewcab long bed dually four wheel drive that would be great on the farm. its an XL manual locking fourwheel drive automatic with 175,000 on the clock.he is asking 6 but i think we can get it for 5 maybe less. it says it needs a motor, which i dont think with it just being a work truck something could be that f-ed up that it would need a fully dif motor. i will be getting ahold of him sometime this week to get a better know how of the truck. I am not a 6.0 guy and would l ike some input of what you guys may think would go that terribly wrong that it needs a motor.

or on the other hand would the price be cheap enough that it would be more cost efficent to drop a cummins into it.

appreciate any feedback
Zach

Countryboy07

Reaction score
If you can get it for $5,000 I'd say drop a cummins in it in a heart beat. You could have the 12V in and running for about the same price as fixing up the 6.0. Don't get me wrong, I loved my 6.0, but you can't beat the reliabilty of the cummins motor.

You can use the stock intercooler from the 6.0 if it is going to be a farm truck with out too many mods as well as the radiator and such. Check out Fordcummins.com for the motor mounts and bushing kit for the truck. The bushing kit will allow all of your factor gauges to work.

Also, to save money on buying an adapter plate for the transmission, go with the dodge transmission (NV4500 with an upgraded input and clutch FTW!)

This is my opinion!

-French