Hey H&S Guys... Update released!!!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i see they recalibrated the egt sensor, so does that mean that its an egt issue or just a monitor issue with egts

fine69

Reaction score
Do ALL H&S tuners need to be updated? My Mini-Max I ordered from Rudy's last week hasn't shown up yet. Would a brand new tuner need updated for any reason?

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I would think that it may, because you never know it may have been laying around on a shelf for the past few months or longer. You can always just plug it in though and see what version of software is on it and then update it if needed.

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
Both the Mini Maxx and Black Maxx will need the updates, they just released these today. The issue with the EGT on the screen would read 212 degrees hotter then normal.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
How come the Black Maxx is only showing update to 6.4.24 instead of the 6.4.27 of the mini maxx? I still don't think the start up screen showing 212 degrees meant **** cause at idle my truck was at about the same temperature it always had been before the update.

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
I am going to say the reason the update number is higher is because the Mini Maxx has had more updates then the Black Maxx?

And the 212 I think is across the boars because when I did the last update all of a sudden I was showing 1000+ going up a slight grade to work when before it wouldn't go over 850 with the same tune.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
I am going to say the reason the update number is higher is because the Mini Maxx has had more updates then the Black Maxx?

And the 212 I think is across the boars because when I did the last update all of a sudden I was showing 1000+ going up a slight grade to work when before it wouldn't go over 850 with the same tune.

I too see 1000+ in places I never saw over 800 before, but I don't think this has as much to do with the 212 at start up as it does with the difference in the actual tunes. My boost levels are significantly lower and I feel that the timing has been greatly reduced in the new tunes, but maybe thats just me.

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
OK so after the update and reloaded the new 300 tune, i was driving to work today, 75mph at 15 psi i was showing 1000+ egt's..... WTF

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
OK so after the update and reloaded the new 300 tune, i was driving to work today, 75mph at 15 psi i was showing 1000+ egt's..... WTF

See... told ya so LOL

But really my egts are about 100 degrees lower since the update, this could be attributed to my change to the HOTDAMN tuning though...

Jayz

Reaction score
mines cooler by about 200* all around but still show 92* cold

Jayz

Reaction score
So I did notice when I fired it up this morning it automatically showed 93... is that normal?[/QUOTE

There reading 92* now hs says outside temp is what they should read now BUT mine always shows 92 and also others who live in different states that are colder then here....makes no sense

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Mine shows 92* too. It is most definitely not 92* here.. I live in Utah, its like 50 degrees in the morning here! haha

Jayz

Reaction score
I must say this new tune has NO BALLS!!!! NO TOP END n e more spool up six I am going back to old tune I'm not worried bout 200** I don't even watch EGT'S drop in boost and back pressure has hurt this tune significantly