Stacks

lukesdiesel

Reaction score
Can you guys post up some pics of your Crew Cab trucks with Dual Stacks. Trying to decide on a single 5" kit or dual mitre cut stacks

Luke

4duggan

Reaction score
O/P , whats your truck set up like now ? Lifted , How much ? Tire size ? Imho trucks with tires and lifts can pull it off , Stock trucks , not so much.
Listen to these guys, Stacks are fun for a while and certainly have a purpose.
The novelty wears off quick. I do have stacks however I have a short 15 minute (interstate) commute to work. Its my work truck so the wife and my sons are barely ever in it. When my sons 14 and 16 are ridin w/me the back slider is open and there lovin every minute of it. Unless I am towing heavy we usually take the wifes excursion.
If you have an 8' bed and use all of it regularly ,are you willing to give that up ? Tool box and stacks now I have a shortbed which is about enough room for my fullsize spare, 5gal. diesel and 5gal. gas . and two trashbags of grass clippings to dump.

Silver2010

Reaction score
5.jpg

I'm a fan of the 5" single but don't dare ride with my slider open.

bruce

Reaction score
my truck was way loader in the cab when i had the exhaust stickin out in front of the rr tire with no muffler than it is with the stack

bakerc167

Reaction score
I loved the look and sound of the stacks but lost a foot of bed space cause couldnt put anything close to the stacks or it would melt and long trips they suck, 80mph radio turned all the way up just so i could hear it

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
I got a mbrp 4'' turbo back kit w/ muffler and a single 6'' stack. Its got some drone but its not that bad. Hwy speeds its barely even noticeable! If you want 1 and dont want all the noise put a muffler on it helps!

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
Im running a 5in single and it goes just about 2 inches over the top of the cab.
The added few inches made a huge difference in cab noise compared to having it just below roof line.......a few extra inches never hurts.
SoCalPsd-Corey

muff

Reaction score
Muff how wide are those tires? 15.50?

They are Kumho road venture, 14.5" wide. 355-50R20

I loved the look and sound of the stacks but lost a foot of bed space cause couldnt put anything close to the stacks or it would melt and long trips they suck, 80mph radio turned all the way up just so i could hear it

mbrp makes a diamond plate stack cover, got mine through xdp and would keep things a lot safer back there.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I had mine in for 5 minutes and got tired of it! Lol! I hear there's a new product coming out though for people who want a stack sometimes and don't want the sound other times....... I'll let ya know how that goes. :D:D:D

Irishcream

Reaction score
I personally love the loud pipes. Mine are very tall sticking up over the cab about 16 inches. I liked the fact that you can see them coming from far away. Would it be louder if I shortened them? The louder the better is how I like it but I know some guys prefer it a wee bit more subtle. I think the fact that my truck is white keeps me from cutting them down allowing more soot to cover my truck.

JMart

Reaction score
With every stack you get a free trucker hat and a trash can lid belt buckle.

Where's mine then? You owe me. Dont make me come collect.

OP, you can get a cut out installed before the elbow so that you can open the exhaust up if you get tired of the stack.

I dont see how you guys with crew cabs can complain about them being loud in the cab. You guys must have super sensitive hearing. My reg cab isnt that loud with them in. I barely hear them over the radio cruising down the highway, but then again I have upgraded my entire stereo system.

My last truck had mud grapplers on it. They were waaaaay worse then the stacks on this one.