Which H&S tuner will work with Gearhead tunes on a 6.4L

dmkolb

Reaction score
What H&S tuner model will run Gearhead custom tunes? I'm looking for the cheapest. All I need it to do is upload tunes to the truck. It wont be used for monitoring anything. Upload a tune and then disconnect it. So looking for the cheapest model that will get the job done.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
What H&S tuner model will run Gearhead custom tunes? I'm looking for the cheapest. All I need it to do is upload tunes to the truck. It wont be used for monitoring anything. Upload a tune and then disconnect it. So looking for the cheapest model that will get the job done.

Race or the "street" minimaxx or XRT Pro doesn't matter.

dmkolb

Reaction score
If you decide to go the miniax route I have a couple used ones for sale.

What are you asking for them? If you rather just send me a message and not post it publically that's fine. The cheaper the better as price is all I'm concerned with as long as it'll work with Gearhead custom tunes.

dmkolb

Reaction score
Is $1550 the best someone could do on a used one? Not wanting to spend that much. I have a SCT but it's not playing nice with my truck when it comes to the Gearhead tunes. Don't want to get into it but I want to run Gearhead tunes but think an H&S will be a better route to go. I have a SCT Live wire extreme. Maybe I could sell it to off set the cost of the H&S.

Last edited:

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
That 1550 is for a new one I think. You can get an XRT Pro for a little cheaper but things are high now man. Sucks your SCT doesn't work, I'm sure you paid a pretty penny for that too

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

dmkolb

Reaction score
Ya got it new for over a grand. It was opened which is why I got a good deal on it. It works but for some reason with my setup were having a few issues with it. I'm learning now it's not a tuning issue it's actually issues with the SCT platform itself. Was given some advice that the issues I'm experiencing with the SCT I would not have if I used an H&S tuner. So ya I'm looking for one. If the XRT Pro is cheaper than a Mini Maxx I'll probably look for one of those. Wonder if I could find a used one.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
pm me a price on a stree pro, intersted in one.
also ive been hearing mixed reviews, can i get a xrt street pro and buy the mcc unlock and send it to gearhead or someone and have it custom tuned with dpf and egr deletes?

I have a used xrt if you end up going that way.