Dana 60 Swap HELP!!!

Irishcream

Reaction score
I found a deal I don't wanna miss out on. A Dana 60 with driveshaft for $300 but it's for coil springs not leafs. It is from a 2007 F250 4X4 obviously but it's going under a 97 F250 . Can i use this axle with leafs? How do I convert it if it needs to be converted at all? Need some info please.

PsRumors

Reaction score
It will have to be converted. Not sure what all will and will not work but the very least you will have to put spring pads on the truck. The wheel bolt patern will be different also.

You could always convert your truck to coil springs....

Bugman

Reaction score
You can do it but it will possibly cost you a lot more than finding the correct Dana 60. As far as the hubs Ford changed over in 99 to the metric bolt pattern and I have never heard of someone trying to change over the hubs so I doubt that would work. So in the long run you could do it but you will need to a lot of fab work. It all depends on just how much work you want to put in to do the swap.

Get ahold of OBSWIZ and he'll tell you what you need to do and do it correctly.

Last edited:

MossBack

Reaction score
Spring perches and that's what the leaf spring rides on. I'd do it. Just make sure to measure all distances from body to ground. Axle center line width etc. This can get pretty crazy quick just remember to Kiss it. Keep It Simple Stupid!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Tom S

Reaction score
I think you need to look else where as this will not be for the faint of heart.

Phillip

Reaction score
are the gear ratios the same? also them axles are wider than your axle now. 6.0 rims are set in so they dont stick out as far you will prol need to find a rear axle too. Garret could help ya out.

Irishcream

Reaction score
I found a complete OBS F350 for sale for $1200. Clutch is toast so the guy wants it gone. I think I may take the two axles, the transmission and maybe a couple other items. Cheaper this way, then maybe sell the injectors as a core and the motor.

Bugman

Reaction score
You don't necessarily need to swap the rear ends, you just need to make sure that the front and rear gear ratios are the same.

Phillip

Reaction score
If ya did the 07 6.0 swap on the front I belive the rear would have to be changed or maybe wheel spacers.

roachie

Reaction score
For $300 I would snatch that axle up and resale or keep it. I just paid $600 for one.

No, you do not want to attempt to convert that axle to a leaf setup. An axle for a 99-04 is a direct bolt in. I can get them locally for $300 or so. The issue with the lug patterns can be resolved by swapping the knuckles to a set from an OBS with matching hubs and brakes.

Phillip

Reaction score
Actually its doesn't take much more time to put in '05 axles and suspension ...

It wouldnt too just alot of fabercation and time since the front is coils. If ya had a donor truck it would make it much nicer.

Biggreen96

Reaction score
OBSWIZ came up with the conversion for the obs and sells everything needed to do the install. He knows the ins and outs with suspension for our trucks.