smoke problems

6.4psd916

Reaction score
My 2008 has been smoking on take off and getting horrible milage. Took it to the dealer recently and was told my dirty air filter was causing it. I still have the dpf on the truck, and have a s&b intake on the way, any ideas? The service rep doesn't think its the dpf. Also has newest ford flash, been 400+ miles since last regen. thanks

TripleE44

Reaction score
I was under the impression smoke shouldn't ever be able to get through the DPF unless it's cracked. Unless you're talking about white smoke instead of black.

If the filter was that dirty, wouldn't the filter minder be pulled all the way in and make the light come on? I think the dealer is jacking with you for some odd reason, and in that case the S&B is just going to give him more ammunition.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
The filter was dirty, I got alot of dust out of it, and yes its black smoke coming out. I need a working dpf since im here in California. It will be tuned and deleted soon. The service guy has been helpful, his tech was telling him this, same one that did my bedplate, drove it, only to have created a huge leak in the rear cover. They had it for 2 weeks and had the cab off twice. And left some bolts out of various little parts like the headlights..... took it back and the service guy took care of it all for me. But still, im thinking the tech is the problem

6.4psd916

Reaction score
When the time comes for the tuner and exhaust, ill be buying it from you, live wire with erics tunes and probably flow pro 4 inch duels. Thanks

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Was suppose to be taking it in Monday, and was going to "show" the tech the problem, but one of my bmf wheels cracked so I have the little spare on until I get my replacement wheels, which will be novakanes in deathmetal. And s&b states on their website That they will fight any warranty denial if the dealer tries to blame their product. Just thought I would mention that

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Was suppose to be taking it in Monday, and was going to "show" the tech the problem, but one of my bmf wheels cracked so I have the little spare on until I get my replacement wheels, which will be novakanes in deathmetal. And s&b states on their website That they will fight any warranty denial if the dealer tries to blame their product. Just thought I would mention that

Didn't know s&b would do that, pretty cool!

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Finally made it to the dealer again, said smoke, slow turbo spool and bad milage, has dropped 2 mpg since it was last there, also 750 miles before my first regen, hopefully they can figure it out this time...

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Soo, saying the air filter messed up the maf, but that has nothing to do with my problem...... never taking my truck to this dealership again.... had to take the stock assembly back to they could replace it and properly test the truck

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Finally was able to get my truck into a different dealer friday. They had called monday to tell me there was a bad injector and a bad dpf. They called again today and said the hpfp was bad, and would need 8 injectors. Soo the only catch is that there if there is rust in the hpfp, its not covered, but my other warranty will cover it, but not the injectors. Soo cabs off for the 3rd time in 2 months. Makes me almost want my 6.0 back, almost...:doh:

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Finally picked it up today, runs better sounds better, and the injectors are much quieter, happy to have my truck back, don't mind my dads 00 7.3 stick, but my knee hates it with a passion