Could it be the tune???

Dieselroller

Reaction score
Got a wildman tune on my sct. Seems like it takes the turbo way too long to spool!! From dead stop.. If I punch the pedal it just sits for a sec or 2 and bellows smoke and once the turbo kicks in it shoots off, but if I ease into it a bit and then punch it it does Ok. So is all the lag just cause of stock turbo or is it in the tune?

Zmann

Reaction score
In my experience (other tunes) if u mash the pedal you will sit for a second or so but if u ease into the pedal the truck will launch faster

just like your experiencing and I don't think any turbo can help the turbo lag they all need exhaust to spool

Last edited:

Silverback

Reaction score
Totally normal, when you stomp it like that it fuels HARD and chokes the turbo, that's why you go no where. FICM tuning may help

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
PHP tunes them for 150, Innovative charges I think 150 or 200 to do it.

Swamps uses PHP tuning btw

patrickke

Reaction score
I would give KEM a call... they can custom tune it as oppose to what others due by reverting back to an old flash... Also they can tune for your exact injectors

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
KEM, Innovative, and PHP all have custom tune calibrations, not just reverting to old flashes.

Its well worth the money spend on tuning it thats for sure. Better throttle response, better spool up 40hp gain. I cant wait to get mine done.

AKHILF

Reaction score
My tune by him made my truck run bad. Really bad turbo surging also and it hardly went anywhere. I'm sure he can fix it but I'm not to worried about it he has a lot on his plate and I put my slr+ back on after trying it.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
From my talks with bill, and mike (php and kem respectively) they both use 100% custom ficm tuning. The lag is normal if you punch it. The spartan archive hybrid race file I have has the best throttle response of a tune I've tried almost like a gas engines throttle response. It will lag though if I punch it as well. The tranny shiffting sucks though. If I could get that throttle response and power with good tranny tuning I'd be completely satisfied