Dashdaq not used on a 6.4. Or a ford for that matter

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I am just curious if the DD is capable of reading and scanning other platforms? I have gauges being installed to read everything the DD use to prior to the swap. But there are things such TC slip that I cant run gauges for and would like to still monitor using the DD.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
they will monitor alot of stuff and alot of different brands, the only bad thing is you really need to buy the full license to take advantage of it

Rob05 tried one on his EX that was a 7.3 and said it didnt do as much as he had hoped so i dunno, if its not a newer vehicle then i dont know if its a good choice. I use it to read codes on just about everything, it will read generic obdII codes and model specific too.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
hmm.. i will have to plug it in on the 7.3 and try it. I was just worried that the vin locked thing might mess up my DD..

Dzchey21

Reaction score
hmm.. i will have to plug it in on the 7.3 and try it. I was just worried that the vin locked thing might mess up my DD..

you can read codes and read perameters with it no matter what, its vin locked to the tuning side of things

I put it on my wifes impalla and i was able to read some stuff, i downloaded the GM trial perameters and it got me some stuff but not enough, im sure paying for a license would be worth it, just not sure what all it can read on everything.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
The newer the vehicle and purchasing the license is key. I think it can just read what the computer is able to. So the older ones running OBD1 or whatever didn't have very smart or complicated brains so there isn't too much info to gather. Like talking to a hot dumb blond.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I guess an 07's pcm monitored trans temp for limp modes etc. I am not versed in the 6.0's at all.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
It's controlled with a stand alone computer, but I dont believe its a PCS. Rather the Zeus module.

Everything is assembled. Just waiting of adapter plates to mate up the trans to the engine.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
so does the zeus have a display?

The reason i ask is because most controler for the trans will read everything, including engine pids ect, so you may not need the dashdaq, but i honestly know nothing about zeus

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Sorry. Not the zeus controller. My mistake.

Allison Stand alone controller 6-Speed
Includes Allison TCM, XFC, and complete harness.

Allows user definable shift points, converter lockups and shift quality. This controller also has tunable torque input, TPS calibration, engine RPM calibration, Tow/ haul mode and overdrive cancel.

Lifted from destroked web site.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Allison brotha. 5R110 is out. 5.9cr and allison is in. Thats why the questions about signal reading on the DD

Ha of course it is. I knew that, sort of. I have seen threads about it. I would think the DD would work with what you are doing, probably more to do with the harness being able to accept the DD.