190cc with 66mm...which one?

MorganY

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just dyno'd the truck at Power Stroke Magic today...530/980 spraying water meth 49meth/51water (fuel only was 50hp and 75ftlbs less)...I have alot of fuel to clean up still.

Im looking to go into the non vgt turbo world..something bigger than a 64 because I don't think .5mm compressor inducer difference from the pmax to a 64 would be worth $2000. I do not tow very often (nothing greater than 6,000lbs) and I daily drive it everyday. I'm looking at an s300-400 series but I have no idea whether to get an s300 or s400 66, which a/r housing, or which exducer specs. could someone point me in the right direction? thanks

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
a 66/68/70 may work, dieselcraft just put that setup in his truck and it honestly should spool pretty quick but Im not sure what the backpressure numbers look like.

MorganY

Reaction score
sorry if this comment is dumb, im sort of new to the backpressure concept still. wouldn't the bigger turbo make less backpressure because it flows more..?

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
so you only made 470 fuel only? that doesn't sound right...

The numbers were 482/905 fuel only and as stated above this is on a loaded SuperFlow. For reference, my truck (mods in sig) made 420/732 on this same dyno. I think OP's numbers are pretty solid!

Last edited:

MorganY

Reaction score
so you only made 470 fuel only? that doesn't sound right...

Bumbera's Automotive Performance (MD-800 Mustang Road load dyno) on stock injectors got me:
383 fuel
434 water meth

Power Stroke Magic (Superflow Road load dyno) with 190cc casserly's got me:
482 fuel
530 water meth

The only difference were the injectors from those two dyno days, everything else was the same.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Bumbera's Automotive Performance (MD-800 Mustang Road load dyno) on stock injectors got me:
383 fuel
434 water meth

Power Stroke Magic (Superflow Road load dyno) with 190cc casserly's got me:
482 fuel
530 water meth

The only difference were the injectors from those two dyno days, everything else was the same.

I wish we would have been able to strap that thing down when you had the stock injectors so we could have a same dyno comparison. But I don't think the numbers would be very far off from each other. I see the water/meth was good for a solid 50 on both runs. Now you need to get that thing back to the track, where dyno results don't mean a thing.

MorganY

Reaction score
Yea, im going to get it out there ASAP. Stroke of luck my dyno jet numbers were 525/1046 through the dynos software conversion, do you have any track times with the 190/pmax setup? I know Cutting Edge Diesel got a 13.14 on just a pmax and 190s....but saw 1700 egts i believe, I know when I don't spray it gets that high or higher :badidea:

Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i don't know a whole lot about dynos...especially the loaded dyno conversions. my 534 pull was on a loaded dyno. i don't know what correction factor they were using but my "uncorrected" run was like 411hp....which is about 15 hp more than my stock sticks stock turbo did on an "unloaded" dyno so obviously no accurate. I did 534, 515, 52X with whatever conversion they used which is right where this setup should be so I figured it was all good.

I've only had this setup at the track once and it was 1/8 mi and it did low-mid 8's. with a good 60' and better tires, it should be low 8's on fuel i'd think.

MorganY

Reaction score
i don't know a whole lot about dynos...especially the loaded dyno conversions. my 534 pull was on a loaded dyno. i don't know what correction factor they were using but my "uncorrected" run was like 411hp....which is about 15 hp more than my stock sticks stock turbo did on an "unloaded" dyno so obviously no accurate. I did 534, 515, 52X with whatever conversion they used which is right where this setup should be so I figured it was all good.

I've only had this setup at the track once and it was 1/8 mi and it did low-mid 8's. with a good 60' and better tires, it should be low 8's on fuel i'd think.

okay great thanks, have you thought about running a bigger turbo? looking at a 64 or 66..

youngstroker

Reaction score
maybe try a batmo wheel, cheap and helps lower egts. from what i've read there getting 100 more ft/lbs, with a similar set up.