Let me know what you think...

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
A buddy of mine who is a diesel tech at a local dealership just did a side job on a 2007 F-250. He did a tuner, exhaust, intake, studs, and EGR delete. The truck is owned by a Marine who is currently stationed in Hawaii. This guys father (a local K9 cop) had the work done on the truck while his son was deployed in Afghanistan. He bought the truck while he was in Hawaii and his father had the mods done to it. Now that he is back home from Afghanistan, he is wanting to get the truck shipped to Hawaii. He will be stationed there for the next 4 years and has never even seen this truck in person. I wanted to see if the membership here on PSA would be willing to help raise a little money to get the truck shipped out to Hawaii so this Marine can see his truck for the first time. From what I understand, the family can't afford to get it out to him.

I don't know all the details yet, but I wanted to see if I could spark some interest in this. The figure that I have been told is $4,000 to get it shipped. I don't know how accurate that number actually is though. The details I have gotten are limited for now.

Obviously we don't have to raise all of it, but I think it would be a great thing for us to do. Post up if you are interested in helping and I will post more details on this as I get it.

Thanks,

Jeff@Spartan

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I thought that military can get vehicles shipped for free to and from where they are stationed

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Found this

Normally the only time the military will ship a vehicle is if 1) you are going to or coming from a OCONUS assignment and it will ship 1 vehicle or 2) it is most cost efficient to ship 1 car to the base instead of paying out MALT & Per Diem.

OCONUS...outside of the continental US...Hawaii qualifies

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
What I have been told is that they will only ship a vehicle every 5 years for someone. They shipped his F-150 for him 2 years ago and that truck now has an engine knock, which is why he bought this 2007 F-250.

eric.davis

Reaction score
They will only ship your vehicle when you change duty stations. And since they shipped his truck 2yrs ago I'm assuming he got stationed there at that time is why his vehicle was shipped then. When I got switched from california to virginia they shipped my car during the move since I had to be on the ship during our homeport shift. Unless he gets his command to find some way to possibly get the military to cover the cost it will have to come out of his pocket to get him his truck. Another option is to talk to someone on base and see if they offer services for this type of thing. I'm sure he could find some point of contact for a base in georgia if not north carolina and virginia here would be huge ports to ship out of. too bad he doesn't have it in cali it would be cheaper to ship from there

Members online

No members online now.