5 Minute Zoodad

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
Really, 5 minutes. Took longer to down/upload the picture.
7/32 nutdriver, blade screwdriver, 2 3/4 inch holesaw

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    983.4 KB · Views: 198

Atsah

Reaction score
Stop being such a Douche!!

:whs: Jesus H Christ smut, if you don't have something positive to say, why say anything... With your reputation, you really shouldn't be giving other members crap.. If you had half a brain you wouldn't look for anymore trouble..

OP, thanks for sharing...

blackbetty13

Reaction score
to the op why dont you just cut out a giant square, i mean i dont see that mod doing to terrible much but why not cut it straight across

Dustball8504

Reaction score
You guys forget, Smut is the 6.0 guru now after his bad ass build. Don't you remember him transplanting an 07 motor in his 04??? Took some real genius to make that work LOL

blackbetty13

Reaction score
You guys forget, Smut is the 6.0 guru now after his bad ass build. Don't you remember him transplanting an 07 motor in his 04??? Took some real genius to make that work LOL

you mean he was able to lift the cab, undo approx 8 bell housing bolts, flexplate bolts, and the 4 motor mount nuts by himself jeez idk he must be a guru lol. Dont even get my started on undoing electrical connections and hose clamps lol.

chappy

Reaction score
While we are on the zoodad mod conversation,what are you all doing with winter coming in snowy climates? I was thinking of blocking mine for winter since the idea of snow going in the intak doesn't sound nice. If we have a big dump like we did last year that air filter is gonna be full of snow. I was pushing snow with my bumper sometimes and that was with 6inches of lift and 36's.

Atsah

Reaction score
While we are on the zoodad mod conversation,what are you all doing with winter coming in snowy climates? I was thinking of blocking mine for winter since the idea of snow going in the intak doesn't sound nice. If we have a big dump like we did last year that air filter is gonna be full of snow. I was pushing snow with my bumper sometimes and that was with 6inches of lift and 36's.

I didn't do the mod because of this reason.. I plow snow and sometimes I'm pushing three feet.. I'm afraid snow will go through it..

Betarocker

Reaction score
I'm not doing it because the Zoodad Mod doesn't do anything, except raise the chances of sucking water in. Ram Induction doesn't work with Turbos, and there is a plenty large enough channel for air to get sucked into the intake mouth. That's 5 minutes I would have used to do something else.

Zmann

Reaction score
I put a screen in front of mine ,,,, snow won't pass and rain has had no affect
but at the end of the day I still think this mod is a waste

but Dammit it is on the Bucket list ;-)

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I put a screen in front of mine ,,,, snow won't pass and rain has had no affect
but at the end of the day I still think this mod is a waste

but Dammit it is on the Bucket list ;-)

What kind of screen do you use? It seems to help the filter, thr zoodad

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I'm not doing it because the Zoodad Mod doesn't do anything, except raise the chances of sucking water in. Ram Induction doesn't work with Turbos, and there is a plenty large enough channel for air to get sucked into the intake mouth. That's 5 minutes I would have used to do something else.

ram air induction absolutely works with turbos

Dalpilot

Reaction score

Mine has been done since 2004. Driven through rain snow, hail, dust, etc.... No issues.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Not a bit of issues. Driven thru torential rain, where I live now has a better chance of winning the lottery then snow but further up north we had 5+inches and never had a problem. I used a sawzall and cut out as much as possible. I also passed on the idea of a screen. Some people can get elaborate on this stuff. I say keep it simple stupid. The 5-10 minutes I did this mod in is about 100x more productive time than the 30 or so mins I spend in traffic a day.

chappy

Reaction score
I always ran a cold front on the 7,3 but the 6leaker warms up so fast I don't see the need. Good to know I'll be alright with the zoodad even though I'm not covering the front.

Beans71086

Reaction score

Your truck coulda used the extra lift and tires this day!
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g464/Beans71086/7760213b.jpg
Sorry for the derail OP. I think the hole saw route looks a lil more thought out then a sawzall hack job. :)