Fuel pressure issue maybe?

MINK

Reaction score
Posting this for a friend, he says the fuel filters are brand new, He's coming out this weekend so I can put it on a scanner but I'm honistly going at it blind. Any ideas on what could cause this or where to start?

"Ok...I got a 03 6.0... The fuel pressure gauge has always sat about 61psi..at idol...and it only dropped to like 56psi when I got on it hard....over the last cupple weeks its been sitting about 54psi at idol and when I just drive it regular...and try not to even go fast it drops to 48psi!!!!!!! When I went to start it last night ..it reset my gauges and clock on radio and fuel pressure was at 52....on my way home tonight it hit 46psi...!!!!! Then ...when I turn on my heater and lights..it drops drastically!!!! They say don't run less than 45psi ....so what do I do??!! Can anybody help?? Had this problem b 4?? Ideas?? Please let me know....this is Driv in me crazy!! I feel like I can't drive it anymore because of this"

jdc753

Reaction score
Then ...when I turn on my heater and lights..it drops drastically!!!!

Just a shot in the dark but my guess would be the fuel pump starting to go south. If you could swap in a different pump, only takes about 15 minutes to change out with some quick disconnect tools. Not sure what voltage it should be seeing but that would be my next guess.