Overboost ? ICP ? 02 7.3

Stroker 7.3

Reaction score
my truck is stock besides a muffler ****** it is smoking some when I get on it but what's bugging me is a CEL that comes on when I get on it hard but goes out if I drive nice for a little bit or I shut the truck off any suggestions thanks for the help

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Does it lack powr as well? Could be plugged pick up filters in the tank. I would be leaning hi pressure oil, then plugged in tank filters before overboost.

Arisley

Reaction score
I am also betting on low ICP. The PCM does not monitor fuel at all. And a pure stock 7.3 is going to be almost impossible to overboost.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I am also betting on low ICP. The PCM does not monitor fuel at all. And a pure stock 7.3 is going to be almost impossible to overboost.
This
No it doesn't seem to lack power. Is there any way to test the ICP and HPO
And yes, you just need some sort of diagnostic computer. Auto enenuity is pretty popular. Icp is your hpo (injection control pressure). Have you had any problems with prolonged starts?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score

Correct on it not monitoring fuel, however low fuel pressure will set the icp lower/higher than desired code as well, as yhe truck will not run up properly to build icp. I have seen way too many pumps thrown in for plugged fuel pick up screens, so i figured id throw that out for something to check before dropping a bunch on a hi pressure pump for something basically free to repair.