H&S Single 64mm Turbo Kit install/review

jcain

Reaction score
Well, another H&S 6.7 Turbo kit is on the streets, and it's a damn fun ride.

Unpacking the kit alone will bring your blood pressure up let alone the first time you fire it up and that 64mm starts it's undeniable chirping.
The care taken in packaging is no less impressive than the welds or thought out floorplan are.

IMAG0761.jpg

IMAG0762.jpg

IMAG0763.jpg

While the packaging is impressive, laying eyes on the BETTER than OEM cast manifolds and pedestal is awe-inspiring. When you see parts like this, you know you spent your hard earned money in the right place.

IMAG0764.jpg

IMAG0765.jpg

IMAG0766.jpg

jcain

Reaction score
The next obvious thing we want to see is the turbo. This is a 64mm custom turbo from Pius at Bell Turbo. Specs are hush hush so I'll leave it at that. I chose the larger turbine, and so far I'm happy with my choice.

IMAG0767.jpg

IMAG0768.jpg

On with the install, or should I say, demod. The truck had an SPE 2015 retro kit with custom upipes and downpipe with a No Limit 5" intake. This part is pretty self explanatory, anyone can disassemble stuff! :)

IMAG0771.jpg

IMAG0772.jpg

IMAG0773.jpg

IMAG0774.jpg

IMAG0775.jpg

IMAG0776.jpg

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
Now the go back. H&S's instructions are to the T so there's really no reason for me to elaborate.

IMAG0779.jpg

IMAG0780.jpg

IMAG0781.jpg

IMAG0783.jpg

IMAG0784.jpg

IMAG0785.jpg

IMAG0787.jpg

IMAG0789.jpg

IMAG0791.jpg

Overall, the kit went together flawlessly. I will say this, one of the pedestal nuts, SOB MF'N F F F. I need to do a few piping realignments and that's about it.

The shakedown drive went great and everything seemed good. Then I went and did a full pull and BOOM! I blew the boot off the intercooler. A quick fix and nothing was hurt, that's always a good thing.

Max boost I've seen so far is 40psi and DAMN it feels strong. While it doesn't spool as quick as the 2015 61mm turbo, once it lights ~200rpm later, it's a ballistic missle in comparison. I'll get some go-pro videos of it later.

The customer support that was provided was SUPERB. Emails were answered quickly and concisely. I've always been impressed by their products and this one was no difference. Worst part is that I waited this long to purchase it.

Last edited:

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Like always your feedback is impressive. I believe I PM'd in January about this lol!!!!

Mattn

Reaction score
i see you had protection while you put it together haha
jealous here in alberta we dont get to carry our handguns around.

jcain

Reaction score
all photos were taken with my phone.

No videos today, too much water on the roads

50_shooter

Reaction score
Instructions? What are instructions? If you buy an elite kit like I did, you don't get no stinkin' instructions, lol. I am just lucky Morgan agreed to put it on for me.

That looks great. Do you have dual fuel?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
congrats john thats a sweet kit. you're pumped they hooked you up.

jcain

Reaction score
No duel fueler, yet.

It pained me to cut the 5" pipe up to retain the No Limit intake, but it was worth it. This turbo screams when you throw the coal at it!

jcain

Reaction score
The nut on the driver's side front pedestal stud needs to be discussed... It was about 2am when I got to that part.... I about unloaded 30 5.56 rounds into the truck. Between being awake nearly 24hrs, a few brews and having large hands, that one nut about ate my lunch.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
looks great...

Need to delete that Ghetto EGR delete and put on a real one!

Kit looks super clean