Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.0 Aftermarket

Old 02-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideactiondiesel View Post
how does the oil drain look? Updated one?
Im pretty sure i put an updated one on when i put the new engine in a couple years ago.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICKS LITER View Post
What's the inside of your old turbine housing and center section look like?
turbine housing is oily on the inside, inside of up pipes are not. Oil seeping of exhaust pipe connections between the muffler and down pipe. what am i looking for on the center section? I think next week i'll have time to tear back into it.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:38 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Finally got the truck pulled into the shop and turbo off yet again. The turbo is still the source of the oil, no oil what so ever in the up pipes. I pulled the drain tube and made sure it wasnt some how restricted, its not. Put shop air through the drain to make sure ccv wasnt plugged its not, also pulled oil fill cap at the same time to make sure there wasnt a huge pressure difference and there was not. Im out of ideas, what else can i look for?
Old 02-19-2018, 02:47 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

I think i had my head in the sand...or up my ass i dont know. The very first time i pulled the turbo off i noticed that the breather tube between the intake and the ccv wouldnt stay clipped into the ccv and i ordered a new hose and didnt look any farther. I got tired of screwing with this pos so its sat for a few days and today i decided to pull the valve cover just to take a look. Well i think i found the problem.. as soon as i tipped the front side of the valve cover down water drained out of it and the whole filter was full of oil and water sludge. Inside the cover wasnt much better, quite a bit of sludge built up on the cover. BUT no sludge piled up down below in the rocker box. Oil on the stick looks good but i'll still change the oil again even though theres only 100 miles on it. Evidently when that little hose was unclipped out of the ccv i got water or coolant in it. I did have a hose clamp break on the bottom of the coolant tank so that might have been the source. Hopefully the new filter solve the problem. That sludge build up must have created just enough pressure to oil push through the turbo, or at least thats what i hope.

Last edited by Short Bus; 02-19-2018 at 02:50 PM.