Upfitter switches and aux fuel tank fuel pump

TTBOOST

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install my fillrite 20gpm fuel pump into the tank/toolbox combo in my bed. I'm going to wire it into one of my upfitter switchs and was wonder which one to wire it to because I know they are rated for different amps. Also do I need to run a fuse or are the upfitter's already fused.

johnpsz

Reaction score
Upfitters are already fused and relayed, you just need to figure out if you want the pump to be able to run with the truck off or not (switches 5 and 6) an be setup to run hot at all times, or save those for things you may want hot at all times... Also, what's the amperage rating of your pump?

I plan to set mine up pretty simply, Standard/cheap aux tank that fits under my toolbox. Use upfitter Switch 4 (already have plans for switches 1-3) wired to a fuel pump that transfers directly into the stock tank.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
if its a transfer type tank then the smallest 10 amp switch should be perfect. If you are using a tank that has a pump used for filling machines or gasoline for atv ect then you will need at least 15 amp. The small little pumps that move fuel into the main tank are less than 5 amps

Bair

Reaction score
On my work truck I have it wired into switch #2. Fueling equipment it only runs 2-3 minutes at a time, but no problems so far.
Sorry my work truck is a '13. The new trucks may be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jmuck

Reaction score
#5 and #6 are 40 amp. Move the small fuse over to make them hot all the time.