Do you need fuel additive on a fully ******d 6.7?

Powderhound

Reaction score
So I'm coming off my fairly stock 6.0.
I purchased a 2011 F-250.
Fully d-e-l-e-t-e-d
SCT tuner
Intake
5" straight pipe.
Love the truck and the power it's putting out.
But concerned if I should be adding any lubricant into the fuel system. If so, what is recommended?
And on another note, if you know.
Can I d-e-l-e-t-e the TPMS with a SCT tuner?
Thanks

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
The truck have the tire pressure sensors? I don't have them in my truck anymore so just live with the exclamation point when I'm driving the truck. For additive, I use the stuff from Ford. Guys on here use the LE stuff they buy from member Jimdawg and have great results. I'd recommend that!

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I use howes conditioner and the ford cetane booster. Our diesel is chitty where I live and the Cetane booster really helps the trucks performance. None the less, yes you should definitely run a conditioner for proper lubrication of internal components...

redneck1

Reaction score
X2 on the le full torque. Just ordered me another case. Have no complaints with le products.

With sct you can change the pressures on the tpms, but I can't remember right off hand if you can get rid off it. I just set mine to 30 psi that way your light won't come on. With forscan you can shut it off also, if you have that.

KCCO

Powderhound

Reaction score
X2 on the le full torque. Just ordered me another case. Have no complaints with le products.

With sct you can change the pressures on the tpms, but I can't remember right off hand if you can get rid off it. I just set mine to 30 psi that way your light won't come on. With forscan you can shut it off also, if you have that.

KCCO

Bought the truck with these 14" fuel wheels. Not sure if there is sensors in that head wheels and due to them poked out to far to catch a signal, or maybe there is no sensors mounted?
Was hoping to just disable that with that SCT.
Guess I may have to buck a tire off and see if there is a sensor in there
Thanks.
I got a quote coming in for the LE.

JRLott

Reaction score
Contact Jimdawg on here, as Tom said. He is in the vendor section under Elite Lubrication Specialties. Running Full Torque, 8854, and 1150 here. Just did a 11,800 mile oil change and sample...was better than the 5,000 mile T6 sample.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online