P1670 crank no start

jrtato83

Reaction score
00 7.3 zf6 with 180k. Injectors 3 and 8, glow plugs, injector and glow plug wiring, valve cover gaskets are new oem ford. Installed in March 2016.

Recently truck would crank no start. Icp, rpm and fuel are all present. I have a scan tool. All read properly while cranking. Found a swimming pool in the idm. Replaced it with a BD remaned. Now it's intermittent crank no start. Code P1670 has been present the whole time the crank no start issue has been happening.

New oem cam sensor. I also have 2 spare sensors I've tried. All read rpm. Resistance from idm to individual injectors is 3.2 ohms. 12v and ground at idm with key on and cranking. It will do a buzz test and pass. When it starts and runs it runs great and drives normal. Before with the wet idm it would not do a buzz test.

I have pulled the php hydra chip from the pcm. No change. Resistance from the 3 signal wires from Pcm to idm is .3 ohms.

Only thing left is harness or pcm??? Any ideas?

jrtato83

Reaction score
New relay and cleaned idm connector again this morning. Same symptoms. The second or third time of cranking cycles it will start and run fine all day.

jrtato83

Reaction score
I installed another BD brand idm. So far no issues. Guess that's why the ford remans are twice the price!