Not happy with set up 238/100 38R

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Get some different tunes or have David adjust them. I know someone that's running 325/200's with a 38r and his temps stay lower, the only reason is because he has the ability to use Minotaur software.

imelmo

Reaction score
Any boost leaks? What kind of boost numbers are you seeing? Stock IC?

I ran that same combo except with 80% nozzles a long time. Loved it. Egts werent bad at all

Same here. Had that combo in the orange truck fora long time and never had egt issues, even with 37's. And it never left the race position even while towing.

I think you may have another issue.

lildevil02

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I ran this same combo from DI on my 7.3 for years & never had an issue. I could peg the EGT if I wanted too but just driving around like a normal person, never had any problems. David @ DI will get you taken care of, If you are looking to run different tunes, I can say Swamps files are a blast and safe to boot!

Charles

Reaction score
My F-550 tow truck has 300cc hybrids with 100 nozzles and a 38R with a 1.15 housing.

It will never....ever.....ever.....ever go over 1250. And to get there, you'll probably be well over 25,000lbs gross flat to the floor for a few minutes and down in the 1400 to 2000rpm range. Otherwise it usually runs 1100 or so flat to the floor making enough power that I have melted one ZF6 and the carrier bearings out of a Dana 110 or whatever that thing is, and with the addition of an add-on trans cooler I have pretty much pulled the guts out of this second ZF6, as it sounds like parts are falling out from under the truck when you're coasting around idle rpm in gear...

There's probably something wrong with your truck.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Check your exhaust leaks. Bet you have one. If be willing to bet your collector isn't completely seated or your uppipes are leaking. Is it Smokey at all?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OSCS

Reaction score
This guy has had this problem for awhile now, I remember reading about it on the nation. If my memory serves me right he has already checked for leaks and found none. He also mentioned that around the 30lb mark is when the egts start to get out of control, not that he's only seeing 30lbs. Mudwiser I had the same issue with David's tunes. Every setting at max throttle it would peg the guage. You need to call him or if I was you change tuners altogether.

farm boy

Reaction score
Even with Matt's tunes, when I try to push my foot through the floor while in the race setting, I can get to 1600 ish degrees no problem. That's why its a race tune. Anything beyond 3/4 throttle and its gonna get hot.

The rest of my tunes, not so much...

Rockin' the 38R~238/80% combo btw.

I wouldn't be too concerned if it only gets super hot in that chip setting. If all other settings are good to go, then turn the chip down a notch and just drive it.

mudwizer

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the replies. Yeah going to give david a call .Checked for exhaust leaks, All good . I dont drive the truck every day, Thats why i had this problem for awhile.i"ll get it straightened out. i have some DP tunes that ill try,and see if i have the same issue.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
This guy has had this problem for awhile now, I remember reading about it on the nation. If my memory serves me right he has already checked for leaks and found none. He also mentioned that around the 30lb mark is when the egts start to get out of control, not that he's only seeing 30lbs. Mudwiser I had the same issue with David's tunes. Every setting at max throttle it would peg the guage. You need to call him or if I was you change tuners altogether.

Did you and David work with your tunes? I have PM's from not that long ago that you were happy with them, just that they got a little smokey from time to time.

OSCS

Reaction score
Did you and David work with your tunes? I have PM's from not that long ago that you were happy with them, just that they got a little smokey from time to time.

I was happy because they made tons of power and all the little things I was un happy about kind of took a backseat because of it. After riding in a truck tuned by Matt I saw what I was missing. The few conversations I had with David ended in "well I have the same tunes on other trucks with no issues" my idle issues and excessive egt's/smoke where never addressed he seemed to be to busy. At the end of the day it was my fault becuase i did not push for him to take more time to solve the problem. Honestly i didn't think i need to beg to get my tunning right, i felt as if i was inconviencing him. I didnt really think to much about it until my motor exploded.

OSCS

Reaction score
I like David he's honest and not to mention he has gone out of his way to help me in the past but I feel like his "tunning customer service" isn't what it use to be. Any who just my experience, I don't want to turn this into a tuner bash. Carry on

TARM

Reaction score
Matt and even more so with that combo as he has that so refined there is little to tweak.

DocBar

Reaction score
I use David's tunes for drag racing and showing off and Matt's for everything else. I found David's to be very powerful, smoky and touchy. I never asked David to adjust them. I like them for what I use them for.

David built me one helluva motor that has 27K on it now and will be getting compounded as soon as Pius gets me a primary.

Members online

No members online now.