2006 F250 Long cold crank, fast hot crank

Garth334

Reaction score
I have a 2006 f250 that began long cranking after i replaced head gaskets, studs, ******d EGR, and so on and so forth. Truck has new IPR, ICP sensors, new OEM oil cooler, HPOP, FICM. Running a plain Jane SCT tune. Since the repairs, the truck cranks over for 5-7 seconds before it fires when the engine is cold, no matter the temp outside. Once the motor is warm, the truck can be shut down and will immediately fire up which leads me away from any oil pressure issues. Also at highway speeds cruising at 70, if I ease into the throttle to speed up, i have an intermittent buck, surge. Just this morning pulled codes for cylinder #4 and #7 contribution. I work on cars for a living, although not Fords, so I know my way around an engine bay but i cant seem to figure this one out. I know there are many things it COULD be but if someone has a suggestion on testing certain components to narrow this down i would greatly appreciate it.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Batteries, cables, and starter good? I dont think your misfires would be causing a cold sart issue.

Constructionworker

Reaction score
I'm far from calling myself a mechanic.. but I think you have two separate problems. The buck and surge was something I experienced immediately after a stud job that ended up being injectors. Could have been the copper washers or o-rings idk , I just replaced the injectors that the computer said was the problem and I have zero issues since. I think 6.0 tech is right on track with checking the batteries and starter for the cold start issue.